Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leather natural chromexcel

Loncster

New in Town
Hello everyone, I need some help with this MTO jacket.

So i ordered a custom made jacket in natural chromexcel and i want to get this type of batch of leather on my jacket, it's like rich in pull up and rich in deep color

Here's a pics of what it looks like that i'm looking for..

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpeg
    IMG_0853.jpeg
    771 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0854.jpeg
    IMG_0854.jpeg
    581.2 KB · Views: 124

Loncster

New in Town
And here's a pics of the batch of leather i want to avoid

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0852.jpeg
    IMG_0852.jpeg
    628.9 KB · Views: 115

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I have a jacket made in the first batch. It has aged to a flat darker brown shade of brown. So you should be aware that what you start out with is not exactly what you're going to end up with.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Mottling effects are like worn in wrinkles. I have them on all my CXL jackets after some use, even SH ones.
If you want a cluster of darken spots on top of the mottling effects that’s a bit different. I believe those are mane marks on the horsehide and it’s hard to use them. And not all horsehides have those darken cluster spots, it would depend on the horse. You can ask and see what Aero say but this is really a by chance thing I believe.

CXL SH on left and CXL FQHH on right, the one on the right has I believe what you’re looking for. This jacket was built from when I was asking all my jackets to be cut from thickest and grainiest period. And by chance this was like this. All my other CXL FQHH looks like the SH one, cleaner, no spots.

IMG_0539.jpeg

Loncster

New in Town
Mottling effects are like worn in wrinkles. I have them on all my CXL jackets after some use, even SH ones.
If you want a cluster of darken spots on top of the mottling effects that’s a bit different. I believe those are mane marks on the horsehide and it’s hard to use them. And not all horsehides have those darken cluster spots, it would depend on the horse. You can ask and see what Aero say but this is really a by chance thing I believe.

CXL SH on left and CXL FQHH on right, the one on the right has I believe what you’re looking for. This jacket was built from when I was asking all my jackets to be cut from thickest and grainiest period. And by chance this was like this. All my other CXL FQHH looks like the SH one, cleaner, no spots.

View attachment 563760
Those are really a great jackets and i must say that the right jacket is really a treasure for me the leather looks really nice and the shade is perfect

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Frankly, I don’t think that you will find that „extra-specific“ hide you’re looking for.
Even if Aero were successful in selecting a batch that you like, it’s bound to change so much in short time, that it will never maintain the original appearance.
Leather, as a natural substance is bound to evolve and ultimately wither, and Horween‘s CXL is especially fast-aging/changing.

Loncster

New in Town
Frankly, I don’t think that you will find that „extra-specific“ hide you’re looking for.
Even if Aero were successful in selecting a batch that you like, it’s bound to change so much in short time, that it will never maintain the original appearance.
Leather, as a natural substance is bound to evolve and ultimately wither, and Horween‘s CXL is especially fast-aging/changing.
Yeah most people said it's not the best batch you can get but the look of it when it's new it's seriously insane

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Voice out your preference during the ordering process, but don't expect much and let Aero pick out the nicest hide for you. They have seen thousands of hides, trust them. Don't be too picky about specific batches, that's not gonna make or break the jacket for you once it arrives.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Just tell Aero you want a batch with lot of pull up and color variation. They will tell you if they are able to honor your request. It depends on batch-to-batch variations in natural CXL and only Aero knows if your request is possible to be met.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Why do most natural leather jackets not seem to have this lighter butterscotch color seen in this Aero?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335199796684
Aero have two or three natural leathers that I'm aware of. Horween natural CXL, Natural Vicenza, and Unfinished horsehide.

Natural CXL has sort of a honey like color. Natural Vicenza starts out a lighter shade and darkens to a more orange brown. Unfinished looks like a white guy walking around without a shirt on when new, and darkens to a warm brown as it ages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner