Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leather tumbled black advice needed!!!

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Where is a quality control?? That jacket deserve a blue label.

My first thought when I saw this, double checking for a Blue Label. No way this falls under the "natural leather characteristics". And should not have been used to build a grade A jacket. Just like leather suppliers (Maverick, etc) sell different grades of Horween hides at discount, some are classified loose break /grain , first run, uneven split etc. Very curious to what actually happened with this hide as it reminds me of my Eastman B6 I had with a thick crackled topcoat. Hopefully they'll do a remake for you

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If you're very unhappy, you should contact Aero and speak to them. All we can do here is give our tuppence worth but we're not the ones who are going to have the final say on your jacket.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would not do anything too radical to alter the jacket without first contracting Aero to discuss your concerns and ask Aero how they expect the hide to break in and if you do break the jacket in and are still unsatisfied can you still return it. I don't think Aero is going to be further damaged by accepting the jacket after the break-in, then taking it back now. If Aero gives you time to break the jacket in, you may decide to keep. I do hope you come to satisfaction it seems to me you a good reasonable customer no way over picky

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 192390 View attachment 192391 Hi everyone!

I’m a long time lurker and I love aero jackets.

Im writing here to get opinions about my latest jacket.

What do you make of this leather? Do you think it will age nicely? Slowly?

I’m not sure I like it... but to be fair, I am very picky customer (a nightmare) and I thought better ask someone else before I write to Aero.

I have several jackets in tumbled black. My 4th arrived few months ago and I really loved the leather! It was very different to all my previous jackets, very grainy, soft, showing the brown underneath... I like it so much that I pulled the trigger and ordered a fifth with the same characteristics.

However the leather is not either like the regular tumbled I’m used to, nor like my 4th jacket. It’s again like nothing I’ve seen. I’m not sure I like it.

please tell me what you think...
Can we see pics of the back of this jacket and more closeups maybe??
Thanks. B

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I would get in touch with Aero and send this one back. Something's off, I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand the "crumpled" looks this one possesses. Since you are asking us...it appear you may also not be happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot