Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero lining

dhoney

New in Town
Good evening everyone. I am looking to get an aero highwayman jacket Vicenza: Cordovan. I'm stuck on what type of lining to get for the jacket. I'm looking more for style i want as little insulation as possible, as I want to wear the jacket in all weather types if I need to be warm I can put on an insulating layer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! As a side note what color palette would go well with the cordovan, I stick mostly to dark jeans and a white t-shirt on most days or all black with grey boots. Would another colorway for the jacket work well or better with a dark color pallet? Thank you again!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Everything goes with the cordovan leather.

For the lining, do cotton drill or sateen.

MrProper

I have moleskin on the body and in the sleeves. Goes well with the CXSH. Will be too warm for you.
I would go for cotton sateen for Vicenza (my Vicenza has cotton drill). I think blue and brown goes well with cordovan.
IMG_8826.jpeg IMG_8831.jpeg

Blue cotton sateen.
IMG_9989.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Cotton Sateen for the sleeves.

For the body, Cotton Drill is versatile and visually unobstrusive. Personally, I find the lightweight Loccharron tartans are not overly warm and you have almost unlimited choice of styles.

Last edited:

suitecasehandler

Familiar Face
Cotton Sareen for the sleeves.

For The body, Cotton Drill is versatile and visually unobstrusive. Personally, I find the lightweight Loccharron tartans are not overly warm and you have almost unlimited choice of styles.
I also love lochcarron tartan - with FQHH CXL - I am very comfortable up to 20 C degrees.
It also wicks sweat better than drill cotton in my experience.

suitecasehandler

Familiar Face
I find the lochcarron tartan very pretty, but also a bit scratchy.
I got this luck that I am not too sensitive to materials, love some scratchy, heavy wools that others find irritating - and my skin seems not to be bothered :)
On the other hand - I am super sensitive to some acrylics it seems - an hour or more in some wool-acrylic blend fabrics (not all) - and I got all kinds of reactions..

Aloysius

N.b. (for OP and any other newcomers), cotton sateen doesn't mean satin. It just means a smoother surface; the fabric itself is comparable in strength to the drill, though less stiff. I mention this because there was confusion on this matter a few years ago here.

MTS

Familiar Face
Cotton sateen or cotton drill would probably fit what you're looking for best. I'm very fond of cotton drill, nice hard-wearing stuff.

I also dont find the lightweight Lochcarron tartan that warm and it has the bonus of many different options

dhoney

New in Town
So I'm gunna settle on the cotton sateen. My next big question is I already have a brown leather jacket, and I want something that will stand out without being over the top. Like a mentioned I wear a lot of dark jeans and plain white t shirts. Is cordovan a good match or should I also be thinking of another color pallet option?

MrProper

Good to know, I'm leaning towards the cordovan.
Hm... I can't agree one hundred per cent. Cordovan is cool, without question, but it doesn't go well with everything (at least for my taste) and is conspicuous. If you have brown but not yet black, then I would probably go in the direction of black. Cordovan then afterwards ;)

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hm... I can't agree one hundred per cent. Cordovan is cool, without question, but it doesn't go well with everything (at least for my taste) and is conspicuous. If you have brown but not yet black, then I would probably go in the direction of black. Cordovan then afterwards ;)

I agree. Cordovan is a great colour, but many people will view it as "a more reddish shade of brown". You definitely need a black leather jacket in your life, so this would be my next choice as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner