Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero lining

nattevagten

A-List Customer
If you already have a brown jacket, I'd definitely go with cordovan if I were you. Black leather looks fairly boring to my mind.

mysternee

New in Town
Hm... I can't agree one hundred per cent. Cordovan is cool, without question, but it doesn't go well with everything (at least for my taste) and is conspicuous. If you have brown but not yet black, then I would probably go in the direction of black. Cordovan then afterwards ;)

I think it's cool in more ways than one, honestly. I'm only basing this from pictures on here and elsewhere, but it seems to vary from batch to batch, and while I'd say it's generally a warm color, it can really be right on the line. If you care about colors and skin tones, I definitely think it's not for everyone. For the same reason, while the common wisdom here seems to be that it goes with black or brown, I don't think that's really true. It's a cool-reddish (bordering on purple) leather with black undertones, whereas most browns are basically warm with orange or warm yellow undertones.

I think the cordovan leather looks great with black, grey, cream, dark & deep blues, even some greens. Brown not so much. At least for me, I know my oxblood or burgundy shirts and jumpers never look right with my brown leather shoes. I even have an oxblood watch that just doesn't go with my brown leather strap, but looks killer with black.

Last edited:

dhoney

New in Town
Cordavan and black, both sound like great choices! I must admit that a russet Badalassi jacket sounds tempting as well. Thank you all for your input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner