Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Longshoreman

a1a

New in Town
Hi, I owned an Aero Longshoreman shearling lined for two or three years that I bought new from Aero through Aero USA back around 2005. Great jacket, beastly heavy, I think it weighed about 9 pounds by itself. Seriously. A friend of mine picked it up off a chair one time to move it and said "oh my God" !
It was very well constructed, quite warm to wear with just a dress shirt or light sweater in the chilly northeast. The only thing I noticed was that it did bleed the color off (mine was brown) onto objects, particularly for example on the hard plastic drivers side armrest in my car which I never really was able to clean off for some reason. I've heard / read of this before. Eventually sold the jacket and the car. Definitely a nice cold weather jacket.

Here's the Longshoreman that I had for several years. Bought it off of Aero's 'used' sale page. A very heavy tough leather jacket.

100_0415.jpg

100_0416.jpg

HD

Graemsay

Practically Family
Aero Leather Japan did a really nice Highwayman, which removes some of the panels, and looks more like a Longshoreman hybrid.

_IGP0973.JPG

There are a few more shots in their gallery, and I think that it's one of the nicest jackets they've done.

Unfortunately Aero don't have any of that Crazy Horse leather left. It was horsehide finished with gasoline, and looks absolutely fantastic.

Graemsay

Practically Family
All I know about the Crazy Horse was that it was tanned in gasoline, and that Aero acquired a very limited supply of it. From the translation given, it sounds as though it shifted colour over time.

I suppose if there was enough interest we could talk Horween into brewing up another batch...

mattp

One of the Regulars
Wow, that gasoline finished horse is beautiful! I'd put my name down for a half belt in that in a second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy