Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Maxwell or Teamster?

Steven65

New in Town
I want to order a button jacket from Aero. I think the button front is just so practical.

The choice is going to be between the Maxwell and Teamster. I am leaning toward the Maxwell.

I would like a jacket that comes down below my belt line in normal use however I want to be able to drive in it without having it bunch up under my lower back when I am sitting in the car.

It is going to be lightweight Goat with cotton Drill and will be used in moderate temperatures over a shirt or light sweater, so heavy hide and linings are not required.

Which do you prefer? Do you have any personal experience with either/both?

Also does anyone know the diameter of the standard buttons that Aero uses? I want to use custom buttons.

I am interested in hearing everyones thoughts and recommendations.

Edward

Bartender
I'm hoping to pickup a Maxwell myself at some point. As best as I can make out from the website, the Maxwell is basically a 30s Slim Halfbelt with a button front instead of a zip, while the Teamster is a little longer.

Spiney

One of the Regulars
Maxwell isn’t really any longer than a regular zip jacket. Teamster is on average around 3-4 inches longer in the same chest size. I’m having this dilemma myself. I prefer the front of the Maxwell but the back of the Teamster. As I want this as a colder weather jacket I’ll probably order a teamster for the extra length.

Spiney

One of the Regulars
I want to order a button jacket from Aero. I think the button front is just so practical.

The choice is going to be between the Maxwell and Teamster. I am leaning toward the Maxwell.

I would like a jacket that comes down below my belt line in normal use however I want to be able to drive in it without having it bunch up under my lower back when I am sitting in the car.

It is going to be lightweight Goat with cotton Drill and will be used in moderate temperatures over a shirt or light sweater, so heavy hide and linings are not required.

Also does anyone know the diameter of the standard buttons that Aero uses? I want to use custom buttons.

I am interested in hearing everyones thoughts and recommendations.
It sounds like the Maxwell is the one for you. Have you looked at the Moonshiner as an alternative?

zebedee

One Too Many
The Maxwell. I own a Maxwell and I had a Teamster - the Maxwell is my favourite and gets worn a lot. I think it might be the best of Aero's button front jackets with the possible exception of the Premier Work Coat, but it's probably still the Maxwell I'd go for. It would fit the length requirement you mention, too.

Last edited:

morrison2951

Practically Family
Yep, Maxwell.

20220910_124917.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
This probably offers little/no help, but I absolutely love my Teamster. Even in FQHH with no action-back. Surprisingly comfortable and mobile. It’s a great pattern despite being lumped into the car coat category. One of Aero’s best IMO. It really hardly bunches up too when driving.
5D7A721D-660D-43E4-B877-AF36414864CE.jpeg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

I am interested in hearing everyone's thoughts and recommendations.
I have both a Maxwell in goatskin lined with cotton drill and a FQHH Teamster lined with moleskin that is shorter length (27.5" - I am 6'2"). Given your criteria I would recommend the Maxwell in your case.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with @nick123 I absolutely loved my teamster, it was amazing but it was just too big for me so I had to sell it.

As for the Premier Work Coat. Great looking jacket but the sizing just didnt work. The two I tried jumped way too much in sizing. I tried the 40 first, it was a bit big, returned it and the next size down was to tight???

zebedee

One Too Many
I had a Teamster in seal jerky that was just a bit too big. I have a work coat which is great (russet badalassi) and a Maxwell in tumbled cordovan HH. Overall, the Maxwell is my favourite for fit, length and wearability. With a cotton drill lining, no action back and sizing to 42 (I'd take a 40 OTR), I wear it more than almost anything else.

The work coat is below: I'll post a picture of the Maxwell - I reckon it's the most 'balanced' option. It has to be said that this Maxwell has seen a serious amount of 'wearing in' - it's been through a cold wash cycle in a pillowcase when the arm got covered in stone dust and I have no compunction about really bashing the hell out of it. Also a Mariner in seal Vicenza in the middle; the lighter hide suits it, otherwise it'd be too heavy.

Attachments

• BA5C142F-37EB-42E4-AF7A-D8632980A007.jpeg
    BA5C142F-37EB-42E4-AF7A-D8632980A007.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo on 3-4-2022 at 9.45 AM.jpg
    Photo on 3-4-2022 at 9.45 AM.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Photo on 12-3-2023 at 10.09 AM.jpg
    Photo on 12-3-2023 at 10.09 AM.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Forum statistics