Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Maxwell size 40, 42 and 44

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Canuck Panda @Hide'n'seek
Thank you for the extra info!

One thing that caught my eye is the 42 hooch hauler hem being the same as a 40 moonshiner hem, meaning that actually the hooch hauler hem would be tighter at the same size. But I guess the moonshiner is more oversized (50s pattern) so it's better to compare 42 hooch with 40 moonshiner.

My Hooch Hauler was finished perfect in every measurements except for the shoulder width. It was dangerously narrow (16.5" vs ~17.75" that I would like) so I (perhaps foolishly) gently asked for a remake. Aero graciously accepted and now I'm eagerly waiting for it. Respect to Aero customer service!

Yeah the Premier/1930s cut is almost absurdly undersized in the shoulders compared to standard for those sizes. You generally need to go up one size or even two. The numbers don't especially make sense to me.

I'm glad Aero was able to switch it out!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Out of the 3, which has the most range of motion for the shoulder?
All three feels the same. But they look different when I raise my arms. The Hooch will stay close with the body because of its high armholes. The Maxwell is similar but gets more ease from the bottom hem. The Moonshiner actually has the most upperbody room, but it also feels small because of the low armhole and taper, so there is an angled shoulder look when arms are raised - This is typical of the 50s look. Feels all the same, just different looks.

If you do go with Hooch, ask for widened shoulders. I think that just means go up one size now. But the STF/premier jackets are smaller. Maxwell is really right in the middle, has the nice front drop too. Nothing to improve upon.

onstar

One of the Regulars
10/10 for Maxwell
10/10 for Hooch Hauler
7/10 for Moonshiner

View attachment 542224
View attachment 542225
View attachment 542226
View attachment 542229

Maxwell on top, Moonshiner in the middle, Hooch on the bottom
View attachment 542227

Out of all my Aero jackets, I reach for the Maxwell and (regular) Highwayman more than any other jackets. Just personal opinion. I just can't complaint about these two.

Don't over think it. I am at fault for confusing with too much info. Just do it.

Based on the measurments of my Maxwell, I think it is a 44 labeled as a 42

P2P=24
Hem=22
Shoulder=20
back lenght and arm lenght 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner