Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Mulligan

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I will take some more up to date pictures shortly-This is in cxfqhh horsehide.The pocket flaps can be tucked in to the pocket.

Attachments

• P5130096.JPG
    P5130096.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,367
  • P5130098.JPG
    P5130098.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,255
  • P5130099.JPG
    P5130099.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,210

zebedee

One Too Many
I will take some more up to date pictures shortly-This is in cxfqhh horsehide.The pocket flaps can be tucked in to the pocket.
Thanks for this- I like the chest flap and am beginning to consider (read: spending inordinate periods of time) one of these in battered tan if I can shift some others (apocalypse notwithstanding). It looks like a similar cut to the Maxwell.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Some more pictures though a tad blurred

Attachments

• P4140040.JPG
    P4140040.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,578
  • P4140047.JPG
    P4140047.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,213
  • P4140048.JPG
    P4140048.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,286
  • P4140054.JPG
    P4140054.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,257

Edward

Bartender
I'm also interested in photos. I'm keen on the idea of one of these myself; I like the idea of the zipless top pocket for tucking gloves and such into.

toomanynotenough

New in Town
I have a seal jerky HH Mulligan and a black goatskin Maxwell. The basic patterns for both are the same. I ordered both jackets without chest pockets and am glad I did. I wish I had ordered a vertical inside pocket without closure on both jackets.
Do you have any photos of the seal jerky Mulligan? Looking at getting a seal jerky mulligan or maxwell so super keen to see one in the wild.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting that. The jerky looks grainy but colourwise pretty consistent. Also the drape looks like a mid-weight leather.
At the time I bought my Mulligan, Vicenza leather was not available. Subsequently I bought two Sheenes with Vicenza (russet and black) that has a far superior look, hand and drape to jerky HH. I strongly prefer Vicenza over just about any other Aero leather that is well worth the up charge and then some. If I had it to do over again I would order my Mulligan with seal Vicanza HH. I would still leave off the chest flap pocket but would add one vertical inside pocket without closure in the leather facing on the left side (I am right handed) if I had it to do again.

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
I have a seal jerky HH Mulligan and a black goatskin Maxwell. The basic patterns for both are the same. I ordered both jackets without chest pockets and am glad I did. I wish I had ordered a vertical inside pocket without closure on both jackets.

Yes! re: vertical inside pocket without closure. After my J-106, it feels like a battered tan Mulligan would be the perfect "suit jacket" leather for all those non J-106 days. Also, as much as I love the cxl dfhh, a slightly lighter jacket is appealing--not from a break-in perspective, just literally from a weight perspective.

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have some fit-pics of the mulligan? I got a custom J-106 in natural cxl last year, but I'm considering getting one formal jacket for when the J-106 just isn't exactly right--thinking about the Mulligan in battered tan, olive stitching, olive drill lining, split cuffs so i can slide up my sleeves when working, and two inside breast pockets like a suit jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points