Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero over lostworlds

I can't wait to get it this week! I waited for the right opportunity to get a nice one at a great price and my opportunity finally arrived. I hope that jacket looks as good on me as it does on Dave. Thanks again my friend! :)

Congrats!
I've been drooling over the LW Suburban design for some time now...and was sorely tempted when I saw this..(I'm a size 44 also) but I'm expecting the arrival of an Aero Ace Cafe Racer (the same jacket Dortiz started this thread about!) in about a month. Funny how life is.
Was still sorely tempted though! It' still on my "list" of "maybe one day...." jackets.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks again for the purchase. Cant wait to hear what you think. Look at the stitching. Wait till to you see the thickness of the hide. You will need to wear it a bunch to break her in.
Just for fun I will share my day for you. Paypal arrived the prior night so I woke up and went to find some drycleaner plastic to wrap the coat. Just in case a bananahead sits the box somewhere they should not. So I try on the coat and of course start thinking well its not that big and its so nice. I put on my fleece and convince my self its the perfect layered heavy winter coat. 2 hours of coat on and off and trying to figure out how to tell you I cant sell it. I finally convinced my self I wanted the Easy Ryder more anyway and managed to get to fed ex. Now I have decided I have to have both. Getting an Easy Ryder now and saving up to replace that Suburban with a 42.

Super secret... Great pic ; )

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Jeff,
bad news... two different jackets all together. Especially with the bi swing back and the cut. Cafe Racer Sporty and thin and then the Suburban looks like you can take a walk through the shipping docks, hit the bars and still hop on Road King and ride home.
You will need both! : )

Jeff,
bad news... two different jackets all together. Especially with the bi swing back and the cut. Cafe Racer Sporty and thin and then the Suburban looks like you can take a walk through the shipping docks, hit the bars and still hop on Road King and ride home.
You will need both! : )

I know.
I already have a jacket that fits the "Suburban" role in my closet...so it would have been redundant from that standpoint.
Still a great looking jacket though.

Johannes Gilbertson

New in Town
Thanks again for the purchase. Cant wait to hear what you think. Look at the stitching. Wait till to you see the thickness of the hide. You will need to wear it a bunch to break her in.
Just for fun I will share my day for you. Paypal arrived the prior night so I woke up and went to find some drycleaner plastic to wrap the coat. Just in case a bananahead sits the box somewhere they should not. So I try on the coat and of course start thinking well its not that big and its so nice. I put on my fleece and convince my self its the perfect layered heavy winter coat. 2 hours of coat on and off and trying to figure out how to tell you I cant sell it. I finally convinced my self I wanted the Easy Ryder more anyway and managed to get to fed ex. Now I have decided I have to have both. Getting an Easy Ryder now and saving up to replace that Suburban with a 42.

Super secret... Great pic ; )

Dave, I knew it was going to be VERY DIFFICULT for you to part with your Suburban. Your posts and review of it made me want to buy one. My wife would divorce me if I spent a grand on one (even though I know it's well worth it). I was very close to buying a black Eastman Luftwaffe jacket a few months ago on eBay for $500. I stalled and someone else hit the Buy It Now and got a great jacket at a very fair price. I had read your reviews, and other as well, about the quality of Lost Worlds jackets and I decided to be patient and wait for exactly what I wanted. I am very glad I did. I am happy you decided to buy another Suburban. Leather jackets, motorcycles and high drive working dogs are worth paying for!:eusa_clap

Last edited:

Johannes Gilbertson

New in Town
Congrats!
I've been drooling over the LW Suburban design for some time now...and was sorely tempted when I saw this..(I'm a size 44 also) but I'm expecting the arrival of an Aero Ace Cafe Racer (the same jacket Dortiz started this thread about!) in about a month. Funny how life is.
Was still sorely tempted though! It' still on my "list" of "maybe one day...." jackets.

Thanks Jeff! I have a feeling this won't be my last leather jacket. I enjoy another hobby similar to this and that "obsessive" interest seems to be taking hold of me here. Oh well, there are worse ways to spend my time and money.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Yes they are : )

Edward

Bartender
Thanks for the welcome Coffee! I used this site for most of my research into the "ultimate" all-round, go anywhere, do anything, will last a lifetime leather jacket. I believe I made the right choice for me. Time will tell...;)

This site is the perfect place for that. I will warn you, though..... Since joining TFL I have bought no fewer than seven "ultimate" all-round, go anywhere, do anything, will last a lifetime leather jackets...... ;)

Dave, I knew it was going to be VERY DIFFICULT for you to part with your Suburban. Your posts and review of it made me want to buy one. My wife would divorce me if I spent a grand on one (even though I know it's well worth it). I was very close to buying a black Eastman Luftwaffe jacket a few months ago on eBay for $500. I stalled and someone else hit the Buy It Now and got a great jacket at a very fair price. I had read your reviews, and other as well, about the quality of Lost Worlds jackets and I decided to be patient and wait for exactly what I wanted. I am very glad I did. I am happy you decided to buy another Suburban. Leather jackets, motorcycles and high drive working dogs are worth paying for!:eusa_clap

Used is a good way to go for sure. I've never regretted the Aeros I bought new, but equally some of the used deals I've had.... for example, I bought one of their MC jackets a year or two ago for literally half the new price.... and it had been worn only once. As I think I've said above (if not, in many other threads), if you're not totally stuck on the horsehide, you can also get some great bargains on Aero steer and goat jackets as it is their famous horse most people want.

Johannes Gilbertson

New in Town
Thanks for your insight. I'll keep it in mind.

This site is the perfect place for that. I will warn you, though..... Since joining TFL I have bought no fewer than seven "ultimate" all-round, go anywhere, do anything, will last a lifetime leather jackets...... ;)

Used is a good way to go for sure. I've never regretted the Aeros I bought new, but equally some of the used deals I've had.... for example, I bought one of their MC jackets a year or two ago for literally half the new price.... and it had been worn only once. As I think I've said above (if not, in many other threads), if you're not totally stuck on the horsehide, you can also get some great bargains on Aero steer and goat jackets as it is their famous horse most people want.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Well the new LW arrived today and now that the fit is right the battle is not even close. LW smokes Aero. Apples to Apples this time. The Aero Full Bi swing compared to the partial Bi swing of LW, Aeros looks dumb(that can be changed and I recommend it. Collar is better on LW as well as a wind flap behind zipper (Aero..duh!!). Most importantly the leather. A small piece on the Aero even cracked and pulled up. I told Amanda I was not sure if it was me or it came like that and she said glue it down. What a joke. Look at the difference. LW rocks!!!! I love that it literally stands up on its own : )
DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

It's nice, but I'd hardly say the Aero "looks dumb" :)
Personal taste. It's a good looking riding jacket. Looks like the ones I used to wear before I went to textile jackets. Very nice!

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Not the entire jacket. Just that full bi swing. Seriously though is this cracking on the back panel normal?

DSCN0407.jpg

too much coffee

Practically Family
Great jacket you got there! Solid representative piece from Lost Worlds, a real piece of protective gear as well as being good looking.
That jacket will, like the Aero, last you forever. The LW will take longer to break in.
The "cracking" on the back of the Aero does look somewhat unorthodox from the pic. By chance, is it Aero's vintage HH?

Enjoy the break in!
Regards,
coffee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart