Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero prices increased

Looks like Aero USA is not taking A2 orders. According to his website.

I asked Mark about this. It was due to grief over Aero A-2's not being considered "authentic enough" by some folks way back and he decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I'd bet if you asked him nicely, he'd consider it. Bees with honey and all...Mark has been great to me. Can't say anything but that.

Flyderf

New in Town
I already have a Aero A2, with a A1 due any day now. I was going to order an oil pull hide A2, but with the increase.....I'm holding off. For a bit more money I'm in the Goodwear range.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Wow - this kills me. I am genuinely bummed. I was planning on ordering a Bootlegger one of these days, perhaps during one of Mark's 10% off sales, but I think this just killed it for me.

I'm kicking myself, because I could have even put down a couple hundred bucks at the lower price and gotten a good deal locked in. I understand why they're doing it, but it's still a shame.

Dav

One Too Many
I know price increases suck but to me they don't seem that far out of line with the increased price of everything in the UK over the last twelve months or so!
ie Petrol, Electricty, Gas, Food.

Last edited:
Guys - Mark still has the 10% off and free shipping. If you really want one - order now! I was also talking with him and he says he's even thinking of keeping this for a while, but no way to know. I DO know it's still on sale with Mark - so check it out fellas!

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Aero UK increased prices overnight. Aero USA prices shown will only be good for a few more days. Price hikes were necessary due to higher costs of leathers and (freight/shipping).

FYI. If you are on the fence, order now!

Here's a post from Horween leathers (provider of Aero's FQHH) blog about increased hide prices - http://horween.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/the-state-of-the-market/. Hopefully - prices will eventually come down and retail prices will follow.

Forrest

Familiar Face
Okay, I'll quit my whining about the price increase. I just scored a steerhide Highwayman on ebay. It should arrive next week. I'll be sure to post some pictures. It looks just about brand new. Perhaps the price increase is good news for the used re-seller?!

Okay, I'll quit my whining about the price increase. I just scored a steerhide Highwayman on ebay. It should arrive next week. I'll be sure to post some pictures. It looks just about brand new. Perhaps the price increase is good news for the used re-seller?!

Yep, used Aeros are good deals for sellers and buyers.

Edward

Bartender

Nice score. Aero's FQHH gets so much attention (and it is excellent stuff) that its stablemate hides are often forgotten. I have an MC / Brando style jacket in Aero's steer, and it's cracking stuff. About the same thickness as the FQHH, but much more supple right off the bat. I'd still trust it on the back of a bike, myself.

Forrest

Familiar Face
It's funny. I've been wanting an Aero for so long, but couldn't justify the expense after the last couple price increases. Then, lo and behold, two Aero's in my size show up on ebay. One was a 50's Halfbelt in Cordovan FQHH and the other was a Highwayman in Tan Steerhide. I already have a 50s horsehide Halfbelt, but a true vintage one by Sears Hercules. I couldn't take my eyes off the tan steerhide. It looked gorgeous, and I'm tired of the heavy creaking of the horsehide I already have. I don't have any tan jackets, so I'm real curious about how I am going to like it.

Nice score. Aero's FQHH gets so much attention (and it is excellent stuff) that its stablemate hides are often forgotten. I have an MC / Brando style jacket in Aero's steer, and it's cracking stuff. About the same thickness as the FQHH, but much more supple right off the bat. I'd still trust it on the back of a bike, myself.

Agree. Steer hide is excellent.

Otter

One Too Many
Seconded. I have an 18 year old ANJ in steerhide in it is one of the nicest jackets I own. My aero Motorcycle Jacket is newer steerhide (3 years old) nice hide and heavy enough that I am happy to use it as a summer riding jacket instead of my Hein Gericke with the armor inside it.

Forrest

Familiar Face
Well, the seller got a good price for it! I'm the buyer!! He lowered the price a bit, and I pounced on it. I've been drooling over it for about a week or so. If the fit isn't great, I'm sure I could sell it for what I paid.

Well, the seller got a good price for it! I'm the buyer!! He lowered the price a bit, and I pounced on it. I've been drooling over it for about a week or so. If the fit isn't great, I'm sure I could sell it for what I paid.

What's a new one cost??? Rhetorical...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart