Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Ridley Fit Check

Rtandres

New in Town
Hello Lounge Members,

I received a Ridley fit jacket today from TB in what I think is steer hide chromexcel (very substantial and heavy) but I’ll verify with Carrie after the holiday. I think the fit is spot on with the tailored look I am looking for, but I thought I’d throw some fit pics out here and get your thoughts. I have a Hooch Hauler in the same size in Vicenza and much prefer the hand and drape of this over this fit jacket. This feels like I’ve got armor on.

1685155768719.jpeg

1685155796766.jpeg

1685155816483.jpeg

1685155839850.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you need to go up a size (sleeve length is fine). This was the case for my Ridley test jacket too. It was in my ‘true’ size, and felt just too constricting. The back in my fit photos looked just like yours does here.

This will be Carrie’s feedback as well I expect.

Rtandres

New in Town
It does feel more constricting than my HH. I’m thinking the detail on the back of the HH gives it a little more range of movement. Almost like a bi swing feature. Thanks for the feedback.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Very very trim fit. If you are ok with the mobility go for it. Jacket this trim, a full action back can help with mobility. And maybe rear passenger pockets to complete the Buco look

Rtandres

New in Town
Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I really appreciate it. I think I will have Carrie send over the next size up just to see how it fits.

Aloysius

It does feel more constricting than my HH. I’m thinking the detail on the back of the HH gives it a little more range of movement. Almost like a bi swing feature. Thanks for the feedback.

The bi-swing shoulders/back will help but the body here is still too small. You’ll still need to go up one.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I think shoulders and sleeve length are perfect. Sizing up will ruin that. It depends on what jeans/pants you’ll be wearing with it. With the ones you have on, I agree with @MrProper adding a little bit more length in the front. I personally would want just a touch more width in the abdomen, but that’s entirely up to you, and also dependent on if you think you’ll wear it zipped up more, or open.

I’ve had two custom jackets made now, and my most comfortable/best fitting jackets are still off the rack. I think I have higher expectations for custom, which makes them hard to meet.

And just in case you haven’t noticed (or been warned): What you view as the perfect jacket will likely change as time goes on, even if your body doesn’t (but it’s good to remember that can happen, too!).

Aloysius

I think shoulders and sleeve length are perfect. Sizing up will ruin that. It depends on what jeans/pants you’ll be wearing with it. With the ones you have on, I agree with @MrProper adding a little bit more length in the front. I personally would want just a touch more width in the abdomen, but that’s entirely up to you, and also dependent on if you think you’ll wear it zipped up more, or open.

Do you have experience with this specific jacket?

Going up a size in this barely changes the shoulder measurement and Carrie makes sure the sleeve length, if correct on the test, works out the same way. The main difference in going up a size in this jacket is the abdomen area, due to the somewhat unusual shape of the pattern, which goes pretty much immediately to the hem taper about an inch or so under the pits.

Speaking from having gotten this jacket from Thurston and going through the fit process with Carrie. She makes sure it doesn’t put the rest out of whack.

BTW - Carrie says this is Badalassi in Chestnut if anyone is curious.

If it’s not CXL and it’s straining like this, you definitely need to go up a size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112