Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Rockafella

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The fit came together well, I think. I lengthened the body a half inch over stock and shortened the sleeves an inch. In hindsight, maybe the bottom opening could have come in just a touch, but it’s still good. The blackened brown Vic suits the style, though I think this is a jacket that will look better with age (something I don’t say about all of them). I opted for black stitching, which does subdue the piping a little, but it seems to work. Julie knocked it out of the park as far as construction goes.

View attachment 449076 View attachment 449077 View attachment 449078 View attachment 449079 View attachment 449080 View attachment 449081
Perfect! Congrats. The Rockafella is a great jacket. You've knocked this one outta the park.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
What stopped me from ordering one when the new site launched was that the suede didn’t seem to be an option. I ought to ask Aero if it is still around.
That rust suede is nice. I think it's a rough out, so there is grain on the other side and they just use the flesh side out. I remember seeing a Rockafella made in that on Instagram I think The sale page suede Herc was calling my name, but I've got a few things to tick off my Aero list first. Their new price with the newsite discount is a one-two lights out combo to my wallet.

529E2DC1-EC10-46FC-BF32-B44B5C2C4754.gif

Perfect!!!

Pandemic

One Too Many
A common ‘criticism’ I get of this pattern is that ‘it looks too 1970s’. Not that I really care that much, but it would be nice to drop a 1930s pic or ad of this model in response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112