Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO Sheene...another Thurston Bros. Success Story!!!

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure on sleeves yet, but like the plain back on yours, think I'm going to forego the kidney pad. No sleeve zips either. Do you have any interior pockets on yours? What is your size, Carrie is sending me a 44 cafe racer fit jacket to try on. Should be here Monday. Hoping to get my order finalized next week so I can get in on May production!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that you mention it, the Wayfarer sleeves may have been my choice had I known of their availability. I really like them. I do have one interior pocket (left side) with no closure device. I am a solid 44. I did not use the fit jacket method because I had previously tried on a 42 cafe racer and it was a bit too snug in the shoulders and a bit too short in the body (for my taste). I rarely saw (or see) anything longer than a 27" length here on TFL, but I ordered mine as a 28.25. It came in at closer to 28.5 and I wouldn't really want it shorter (or longer for that matter). I am 6' tall with more of an athletic symmetry and broad shoulders. I ordered 27" sleeves and they came in at around 26.5. I sure wouldn't want them any shorter. Sometimes I think about if I should have gone with the Italian leather FQHH, but I really want to be the one who forces this stubborn leather into submission. The smell is godly and the squeaking, creaking, sound that comes when the leather passes over itself is so cool. I'm sure that will fade as the waxes and oils wear off. I did not order the kidney panel because I don't ride and I did not want to look like a poser. I wanted a jacket that was not too military, because I'm not, and not too motorcycle, because I'm not. I just simply love leather goods. So I ended up with this design. The only things that will make my jacket better will be age, wear, and the two Thedi leather belts that I have on the way :).

Last edited:

dep126

Familiar Face
Thanks for all the input. I'm 6'2" but pretty long legged, so I'm thinking 27" or so should be a good length. My current highwayman is 25.5" and just feels too short, which is why I'm going with the Sheene. I've also got a more athletic build, so I think the Sheene should fit a little better. Think I'm gonna stick with the FQHH on this new one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacAero

New in Town
Really great fit and straight forward design. I Love it! Looks like the Sheen will become my second aero. Thx for the photos, bud :)

Regards from Ol'Germany
Roland aka MacAero

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Well thanks guys. And since you've revived this thread, I'll post more recent photos of my jacket as it develops. 6 months in now...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
amazing fit! I think it's actually better that they shortened the sleeves just a bit. Gorgeous jacket for sure.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a lingering thought in the back of my mind that I have enough Half-Belt styles and I should cancel my Good Wear deposit and get a sheene instead....am I crazy?

Jonst

New in Town
No you are not crazy. You should definitely cancel your Good Wear order.

Full disclosure: I am behind you in the Good Wear queue!

dan_t

Practically Family
Looking good!
Only piece of advice I could possibly add is to consider carefully whether you really do need the inside pocket.
Aero recommend against it & after ordering my Sheene with one, I'd delete this option if I were to do it again.
The leather surround is quite substantial & will ultimately show through.
Mind you, this is true of pretty much any Aero FQHH, not just the Sheene.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Looking good!
Only piece of advice I could possibly add is to consider carefully whether you really do need the inside pocket.
Aero recommend against it & after ordering my Sheene with one, I'd delete this option if I were to do it again.
The leather surround is quite substantial & will ultimately show through.
Mind you, this is true of pretty much any Aero FQHH, not just the Sheene.

This is actually some really good advice. You can easily see, in my latest photos, evidence of the interior pocket. The problem for me is that this is my most practical/used pocket. I put my heavy cell phone in there because anywhere else and it is in my way. I don't mind the pocket showing, though, I think it just adds dimension to the jacket. We will see if I agree with that statement as time goes on :eeek:

Ultimately, the look that I want my jacket to have is a rough-worn, rugged (the I grabbed this jacket every day for the past 10 years-look), but classic look.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I agree with the above. Unless you use the inside pocket regularly, I'd go without it- I did.

+1

And certainly don't do what I did with my first Aero, and LHB, and have two inside pockets added - I never use my right hand on and it was first to shine through. I'm not particularly bothered by this feature, the jacket's just taken on more and more character as the years pass, but with hindsight I probably wouldn't have bothered with either as I tend to use the cargo pockets for my wallet and phone, the same as I do with my A-2s.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The only pocket I ever use in any jacket is the inside pocket. It's never been a looks problem for me. If I don't have an inside pocket, I generally use the top chest pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21