Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene fit check - 1st leather jacket!

Genchodeski

New in Town
Hi All. I've been lurking here on and off for around 3 years. Finally decided to pull the trigger and bought a second hand Aero Sheene. I know this is a slim fitting pattern but since I have never had one before I thought I should ask for the opinion of the people on here. My opinion is the shoulders, sleeves, hips and back length are spot on but the chest could be an inch bigger. However, it is not uncomfortable when zipped and according to my wife it doesn't make me look like a sausage. So maybe it is just how it is supposed to fit? I can't wear it zipped over a heavy UES flannel (which was my intention) but in the picture I am wearing a t shirt and a fine merino jumper. If the general consensus is that the fit is good then I will probably keep it and think about getting one to wear over more substantial layers in the colder months (I live in Scotland so that is most of the year!).

Attachments

• IMG20230415092149.jpg
    IMG20230415092149.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG20230415092122.jpg
    IMG20230415092122.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG20230415092022.jpg
    IMG20230415092022.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG20230415092012.jpg
    IMG20230415092012.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 291

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To start with, I think it does look good.

Personally (as someone who has also lived in Scotland), I would not get a cafe racer as a layering jacket.

Something like one of the Highwayman or Half Belt styles would be better suited for it, I think.

Genchodeski

New in Town
Thanks for your reply. I agree that it is no use for layering. I was thinking that if it was too tight I would take it to Aero and part ex for a made to measure Dustbowl or maybe a Premier Highywayman. I might just keep it for wearing when conditions are suitable and save for another. Would really like a cordovan coloured one.
To start with, I think it does look good.

Personally (as someone who has also lived in Scotland), I would not get a cafe racer as a layering jacket.

Something like one of the Highwayman or Half Belt styles would be better suited for it, I think.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks great, I think sizing up will make it way too big across the shoulders for you, it’s already falling off your natural shoulder in this size.

Are you only going to wear it zipped?

The Sheene can be a tricky fit, it’s designed as a motorcycle jacket with wide shoulders to accomodate a riding position that has a big taper to the waist. A lot of people try to turn it into a standard jacket by added an extra 0.5 inch to the body but that doesn’t work for everyone.

If I lived in Scotland I’d take a trip to Aero and talk directly with them about what you are after.

Genchodeski

New in Town
It looks great, I think sizing up will make it way too big across the shoulders for you, it’s already falling off your natural shoulder in this size.

Are you only going to wear it zipped?

The Sheene can be a tricky fit, it’s designed as a motorcycle jacket with wide shoulders to accomodate a riding position that has a big taper to the waist. A lot of people try to turn it into a standard jacket by added an extra 0.5 inch to the body but that doesn’t work for everyone.

If I lived in Scotland I’d take a trip to Aero and talk directly with them about what you are after.
Thanks. I will wear it unzipped, I just didn't want to keep it if the option to zip wasn't there. I wouldn't size up in this jacket, I would just go for something different and made to measure. But I think I might keep it for a while, especially since the nicer weather is coming. It cost £300, is made from CXLFQHH and is lined with the Lochcarron wool so I think it's a good one.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think it fits well and definitely would not size up. If you need something larger to layer, i think youd be better off with a different model of jacket

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Looks good. I would try one size up. You're already in Scotland and they got lots of racer jackets in different sizes at their showroom. You can trade your current racer jacket in for another one if you don't want to deal with selling it yourself.

I've had multiple sizes of this jacket. It is only slim fit in the waist. Judging from the leather drape at the mid lower back, it reminds me of my second Cafe racer that was too small:

I have a stock size 42 now that I am keeping. No more bunch in the back, no more small neck hole, no more sleeves too slim:

The Aero Cafe Racer is a real nice jacket, but best in your suit size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112