Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero slimfit motorcycle jacket aka Ridley

Moostyle

New in Town
@Moostyle
If you want V shaped slim fit get the same spec as @MrProper, the Ridley. For an extra £25 Badalassi is clearly the right choice, if you don't mind steerhide. If you want rustic look leather then CXL. Vicenza takes a very long time and a lot of wear to look good. It will eventually but takes a while. All three leathers are great but Badalassi is instant gratification, then CXL, then Vicenza, in that time order.
The regular J106/Daytona might have a bigger chest to hem drop but it also has very low arm holes and chubby sleeves. So it only looks V shape when you are riding or have your arms forward. Most of the time it just looks like a balloon. I like it for the comfort but I get why the slim fit Ridleys are more popular. Ridley's higher arm holes will actually give you a better shape even with less aggressive drop.
View attachment 401047
@MrProper Ridley slim fit, looks more V shape.
View attachment 401049

Thanks for the info. I am definitely looking for a slim fitting silhouette, though with with enough room to put on a little mass as I am working out. I am sure Aero can accommodate me when I explain to them, although I will likely wait until Summer to order when I have stabilized in chest expansion.

And I am guessing Badalassi Tobacco is just like seal? Not sure. Photos looks that way. I have the russet. And it is just that, russet. Maybe that's the photos you've seen, there is some red to the russet yes. But I don't think there is for the tobacco. Best to get a sample before placing order.
I think there is definitely a reddish hue to the Tobacco https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-aero-30s-half-belt-tobacco-badalassi-size-46.106837/

Vicenza Dark Seal is really a dark chocolate brown in comparison. https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/aero-seven-size-44-dark-seal-vicenza-horsehide

I don't mind a longer break-in when the style and end results are worth it. :)

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Moostyle
I was confused too about Tobacco Badalassi, and I still am. There are pics that's really russet and pics that's a bit darker. Another Aero Mystery.
If you don't mind the time, the Vicenza can turn out amazing and very personalized. But the grains don't really want to come through for a while. It starts off either smooth or pebbly, for a long time, then the veins and ripples starts to peak through. Here is mine after many moons passed. In my experience Vicenza is actually slightly thicker than Badalassi by 0.2mm maybe, but feels lighter in the hand.
vicenza.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the info. I am definitely looking for a slim fitting silhouette, though with with enough room to put on a little mass as I am working out. I am sure Aero can accommodate me when I explain to them, although I will likely wait until Summer to order when I have stabilized in chest expansion.

In my humble opinion, this might rule out the Ridley, at least unless you size up a couple of sizes. I went up one size in number, and it's trimmer than most jackets my own size.

The ~ 44 inch chest of my size 42 Ridley feels snugger than the 42 inch chest in a single-breasted leather jacket I have. I don't think it's the measurement itself, but the shape of the pattern. (Note that my chest is exactly 40", and in tailored garments I am a 40L.)

Going up two sizes may fix it. I'm sure the Calders will sort you out for something that suits your measurements, though.

(Note, when I say 'fix it', I'm not saying it's a poor fit– just that it certainly would not accommodate putting on any mass.)

Pandemic

One Too Many
Well, here it is: my slim fit J106 in bb vic with some brown details. I sized down to a 36 so this is definitely SLIM, yet it feels very comfortable. It may have a little ‘Aero shoulder’ going on, but I can definitely live with that. Once again, the Aero team knocked it out of the park.

Edit: this is fresh out of the box. Looks like I need to get the lapel to sit flat and shape the neck a bit.

9B947B1A-B423-452C-9930-38520BBD5EEA.jpeg
EE0056DA-BE6F-4FDA-BD9A-6737339AC65B.jpeg
E34F2035-34E0-43AE-A51A-B24B50ADB437.jpeg
1A3A9766-6205-49F9-8DB0-F676E5316678.jpeg
8859627B-259A-4B98-92CB-7DD11C2BD1B8.jpeg
BEED38F7-AFD5-44B6-9201-951973DA8084.jpeg
F03F8FA8-9188-4442-9950-0B88EABE7C66.jpeg

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, here it is: my slim fit J106 in bb vic with some brown details. I sized down to a 36 so this is definitely SLIM, yet it feels very comfortable. It may have a little ‘Aero shoulder’ going on, but I can definitely love with that. Once again, the Aero team knocked it out of the park.

View attachment 471078 View attachment 471079 View attachment 471080 View attachment 471081 View attachment 471082 View attachment 471083 View attachment 471084
Simply great.
Congratulations

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Well, here it is: my slim fit J106 in bb vic with some brown details. I sized down to a 36 so this is definitely SLIM, yet it feels very comfortable. It may have a little ‘Aero shoulder’ going on, but I can definitely love with that. Once again, the Aero team knocked it out of the park.

View attachment 471078 View attachment 471079 View attachment 471080 View attachment 471081 View attachment 471082 View attachment 471083 View attachment 471084
That would be too tight for me (look how the jacket's hem bunches up the pants in the last fit pic), but if feels good it is good.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Congrats! Love the specs, the contrast stitch and the matching brown exposed zip tap. Very nice details.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
View attachment 471562

View attachment 471563

Cross-posting from WAYW in case it’s useful for someone in the future. This is day one of light wear, after wetting the the arms a little and shaping the collar and lapels. Fits like a glove! This is going to age beautifully, like Mr Proper’s.
The jacket is beautiful, but what you've really convinced me to do is buy a turtleneck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot