Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Teamster in Oil Pull Horsehide

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Dear all,

as written here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...thers-Roadster-Planning&p=1895805#post1895805, I ordered an Aero Teamster in Oil Pull HH in December, the jacket arrived yesterday. Pics are still to be made, the jacket is very nice and much lighter and less stubborn than my LHB in FQHH. The leather is not as water-repellent as the FQHH-stuff, checked that yesterday night in the rain, the cotton-tartan makes it very comfortable and the buttons are easy, I didn't expect this.
All in all, it is an easy grab-to-go jacket for many conditions and circumstances, a bit old-fashioned in style. I'm very pleased.

Dav

One Too Many
Sounds good, Don. I came very close to ordering my Teamster in Oil-pull, in fact I did order it in that first, before I changed my mind. Looking forward to the pictures.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
A few pics of the new jacket. :)

Details

Cuffs
IMG_6421.jpg

Back
IMG_6422.jpg

Lining
IMG_6423.jpg

Fit pics with me inside
IMG_6408.jpg
IMG_6409.jpg
IMG_6419.jpg
IMG_6420.jpg

The hide is very nice, light and comfortable to wear. The lining is the standard Lannark-cotton-type and Aero put two pockets in. Some may think the sleeves are too short but they are exactly as long as I requested and overall I'm very pleased with the fit.

Attachments

• IMG_6411.jpg
    IMG_6411.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 779

Aether

One of the Regulars
Very nice.

It's a good fit and the character of the Oil Pull really works with the style.

Congratulations!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket and fit. Well done. The color of the hide looks very versatile, and seems to come with some nice character marks, which I like.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Another fantastic example of the Teamster, probably the favorite of all my leather coats. Congratulations!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks great! Nailed the fit and the oil pull looks like a great choice for the Teamster.
Interesting you mentioned the sleeves, I have the same on mine, the are the length I wanted and while not "short" somehow feel a touch shorter than most of my other jackets.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think it is interesting how we all differ in our perception of proper fit, and I must say that mine has changed over the past couple of years, in no small part affected due to TFL influence. Regarding sleeve length, some prefer the sleeves to break just slightly below the wrist as Don Tomasco, whereas I prefer the break to occur roughly halfway between the wrist and thumb joint. Some prefer a very snug fit (Wade with Insurrection) whereas others (Plumbline) prefer a looser fit. Anyhow, I am of the strong opinion that Don has a dynamite coat. I plan to wear my Teamster tomorrow morning as a cold front just blew through N Texas today and expect 27F by morning.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
You are convincing me, the Oil Pull may be just the thing for a Barnstormer.

Don T: Exceptional. An extremely versatile and classic looking jacket. My Teamster serves me, very well, as a daily wear jacket.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Dear all, thank you for the kind words. I like the jacket a lot, unfortunately now it's a bit too cold for OPHH, I'm wearing thick pullovers and winter-jackets...:mad:
The hide is very nice indeed and I think it is more versatile than the FQHH, which is heavy and stubborn. I like it and I will most likely not sell my LHB any time, but the oil-pull is so much easier to wear. Less "mucho-macho"appeal, though...;)
Aero did a great job with this coat, it was Moira who made it (I do remember the name, maybe she made my LHB, too?). And the "stock-tartan - no surcharge" is simply perfect for a brown hide like this. As to the sleeve length, I think the "American Cuffs", which are leather-lined, make the sleeves feel shorter than the ones with the fabric all the way down. I checked it with the LHB and made a mark on my hand where the sleeve ends - exactly where the Teamster goes! They maybe ride up another half inch or so, but the shoulder-seams will also sag a bit over time and I hope it will be just fine.
I think I got all covered now, one heavy jacket for the winter, a lighter one, the Teamster for the transition period, and a summer-jacket, the Pioneer. All different hides and styles (but all halfbelts :eeek:), so this will be it for now. I also got bitten a bit by the exchange-rate this time, the weak Euro made the jacket a whopping 150 Euros more expensive than expected :eeek:. But then, I will still wear the coat when I've already forgotten what the costs were.:D
I want to extend a big "Thank You!" to the fine people at Aero's who were very helpful and patient with this order and did such a great job building the jacket. Well done!

Barabus

New in Town
How long did your order take from confirmation to delivery? Very nice btw. Looks luxurious. I am sure it feels that way too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ