Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 'Veste de Rallye' just ordered

Lear

One of the Regulars
Aero 'Veste de Rallye' Pics (part 2)

Cross posted to Style Forum.

And here are the rest of the shots:

dscf0054.jpg

dscf0055.jpg

dscf0056.jpg

dscf0057.jpg

I Simonius

New in Town
Lear said:
Well, I said I'd post some Aero pics...

So here it is. You can probably appreciate the shade of cardboard on the box. The corners haven't been rounded off by the tape. Also, the staples have been expertly placed.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer box. Very glad I went the custom route.

I'll try and get some side (or top) shots later

:p
It matches the flooring perfectly!

bobjones

A-List Customer
One thing I thought to also mention Lear is that plastic hanger you have it on is a definite no-no, buy a high quality, very wide wooden hangar to put the jacket on. A thin plastic hangar will damage the shoulders, as the jacket is very heavy, and with so much weight on the shoulders it will distort their shape.

Really, do you want to hang an almost $900 jacket on a cheap plastic hangar? Spending the $15-$20 to get a solid, wide good wooden hangar is a great investment for the coat.

This is the reason Aero doesn't put collar straps on which to hang the jacket at the pub, the coat is so heavy they will rip off. On those few days that you aren't wearing this work of art ;) , either lie it down flat or hang on the aforementioned wooden hanger - protect your investment, and post some pics wearing it!

I Simonius

New in Town
bobjones said:
One thing I thought to also mention Lear is that plastic hanger you have it on is a definite non-no, buy a high quality, very wide wooden hangar to put the jacket on. A thin plastic hangar will damage the shoulders, as the jacket is very heavy, and with so much weight on the shoulders it will distort their shape.

Really, do you want to hang an almost $900 jacket on a cheap plastic hangar? Spending the $15-$20 to get a solid, wide good wooden hangar is a great investment for the coat.

This is the reason Aero doesn't put collar straps on which to hang the jacket at the pub, the coat is so heavy they will rip off. On those few days that you aren't wearing this work of art ;) , either lie it down flat or hang on the aforementioned wooden hanger - protect your investment, and post some pics wearing it!

I never hang my jackets on anything, the only exception is when I go to someone's house and they insist on 'taking your jacket' I may allow it to be hung on the end of the stair rail - no where else;)

Lear

One of the Regulars
bobjones said:
One thing I thought to also mention Lear is that plastic hanger you have it on is a definite no-no, buy a high quality, very wide wooden hangar to put the jacket on. A thin plastic hangar will damage the shoulders, as the jacket is very heavy, and with so much weight on the shoulders it will distort their shape.

Absolutely agree with everything you say bobjones. I just hung it up to get a better shot.

I've been leaving it lightly sprayed, scrunched up in the bath, over the last few days.

Feeble hideousness, prevents posting pics of me wearing the jacket :(

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lear said:
Feeble hideousness, prevents posting pics of me wearing the jacket :
Hasn't stopped any of the rest of us.
As you know, it helps others to see it worn!
I have no idea why the US and UK Aero sites don't
include pictures of people (ideally customers) wearing
their jackets.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wow. I love the jacket.

:eek:fftopic: Those boots are also beautiful. You've got me reading sf posts to learn more.

Lear

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:
Wow. I love the jacket.

:eek:fftopic: Those boots are also beautiful. You've got me reading sf posts to learn more.

Thanks for that.

:eek:fftopic: I was in RM Williams yesterday, wearing my cordovan 'Veste de Rallye' jacket.

It seems that they can make up (custom order) a yearling comfort craftsman boot in claret. It matches the jacket closer than anything else in their arsenal of footwear.

I'm not a person who likes everything to match, but in this case, they just seem made for the cordovan jacket.

The downside is that they'll take a couple of months to make. But hey! If you can wait months for an Aero, you can sure as hell wait for your boots. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou