Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Veste de Rallye sizing?

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
Hi Guys....
I have been offered a very nice Aero VDR.
However I am a little unsure of the sizing.
The label size is a 40. However the seller says it is equivalent to a 44-46 jacket as Aero size these jackets as overcoats.
Can anybody confirm this please?
My only other Aero jacket is a A2 which I ordered in a size 46 and is a nice fit.
Regards,
Wayne.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Ask him for the coat measurements and go from there. A pit to pit should give you a good idea.

FWIW, I have a Cheyenne on order. Normally I'm a 42 and Amanda recommended a 40.

Rabbithunter

New in Town
I've ordered a Veste one size down, 38 from 40 and it is a nice fit as a Jacket. It's right that the Veste is designed as an overcoat and very roomy but 3 sizes down seems too much in my eyes. I've tried a 36 too but that was way too short at the sleeves and very restrictive in the shoulders.

Ulrich

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
I agree, sizing down three full sizes is a bit extreme unless you really like an ultra-slim fit. I am a true size 42 and ordered a size 40 -- and I had to send my Veste de Rallye back as it was larger than specified in terms of circumference. In retrospect I might have been better off sizing down two sizes to a 38 but I think that would be pushing it in terms of my chest measurement.

The best way is to get the exact measurements from the seller as each Aero jacket has its own particular character -- even within the same "size". My Highwayman (also a size 40) fit perfectly, in stark contrast to my Veste de Rallye. Each cut and jacket is different so best to get the actual measurements as opposed to generalities.

I think you'll love your VdR; aside from the sizing issue I was thrilled with mine! Can't wait to get it back.

[N.B. Let's see, I ordered my Veste de Rallye in June 2009, got it in Feb 2010, sent it back in Feb 2010 ... I hope to have my Veste de Rallye by September 2010, which would make it around 15 months from date originally ordered! lol ]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy