Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Vicenza jacket was hung by collar and has stretched

I can’t believe that would happen in an hour? Did you have weighted items in all the pockets? I can see if it hung that way for a year or two but an hour? Seems impossible.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Well, if the hook they hung it from had this little ball at the end or was pointy I can see how it would cause a bump in the leather even in a short time (small area to which a force is applied). I think a moist rag pressed with a warm iron as navetsea suggested will fix it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Is in your culture you supposed to take off your jacket indoor? I can understand with longer coat, but in my country i just wear leather jacket indoor just not zipped up, the inside pockets are full with cellphone, tissue, glasses, keys, and stuff biggest reason i wear it so i dont need to hand carry stuff around. Maybe it has to do more with style of the jacket, maybe some style could make the wearer look like dont want to stay long or uncomfortable /not friendly with the company.

seres

A-List Customer
In similar vein, I hate, hate, hate when I go to a restaurant and want to hang my jacket from my chair back and the chair back has these pointy thingies. :(
I agree. In that case, I just wear it, or if the temperature is pretty warm, just lay it on another chair or hold in on my lap under the table.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Is in your culture you supposed to take off your jacket indoor? I can understand with longer coat, but in my country i just wear leather jacket indoor just not zipped up, the inside pockets are full with cellphone, tissue, glasses, keys, and stuff biggest reason i wear it so i dont need to hand carry stuff around. Maybe it has to do more with style of the jacket, maybe some style could make the wearer look like dont want to stay long or uncomfortable /not friendly with the company.

So this is a good question and in fact over the past 30+ years we've seen a change here, at least in the midwest. "Coat Checks" used to be a very common item, especially in restaurants, dinner clubs, movie theaters, etc. It was nearly un-thinkable, for my parent's and grandparent's generations, to wear a jacket or overcoat indoors. Even more so, was wearing a hat indoors. The definition of rude in many folk's eyes. Military folks are still trained today to always remove their hat as they enter any type of structure (unless a safety helmet) and then put it back on as soon as they walk outside.

However for us younger generations, I do not think this is such a taboo idea anymore. My folks still always want me to remove my jacket whenever in a home, mine, theirs or otherwise. Often, but not always, I do. On the other hand, I keep nothing in my jacket pockets what so ever, so I'll typically be wearing it only for warmth, and to facilitate continued break-in. :) Hard to explain that one.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I can’t believe that would happen in an hour? Did you have weighted items in all the pockets? I can see if it hung that way for a year or two but an hour? Seems impossible.
I agree, seems odd.
I was curious so i checked my Goat M65 Cooper, weighs @ 6lbs, has been collar hooked for years. It’s not the highest quality hide so one would think it would be the one to stretch.
Nada...back on the hook it went.
Maybe we are overthinking things. Idk
B

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Generally taking a jacket off inside is what happens when you wear a jacket in a country where it is cold outdoors and hot inside. When the heating is on, it would be almost impossible to wear a coat without passing out.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up

I'm a "millennial" living on the west coast of the US and I never take my jackets off indoors unless it's significantly warmer indoors. I don't even take my hat off unless I'm at work or Church. Both of these, especially the hat one may be considered faux pas, but I think the times have moved on. I spend most of my time indoors anyway, why even bother wearing the hat and jacket in the first place if I'm only going to wear them outdoors?

For the record, I do not get weird looks or anything from this either. As I said, I take off hats in places where I know I need to, but in general, I do not take them or my jackets off when going inside almost any building. It feels like the norm now, especially in California where I am clearly wearing all of this for style and not practicality.

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
As others have said, if I’m comfortable wearing a jacket outside I can’t be so inside most places. Nothing to do with culture just a physical practicality.

Normally places that “require” you to hand over your jacket have got proper hangers not hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
lately I feel denim jackets look a lot normal and don't raise questions or eyebrows when worn indoor just from personal experience, maybe it is seen as overshirt, and it has 2 generous inside pockets and loop for hook... why do we even need leather jackets :confused:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hate it when people press the issue after you've already said 'no, no need to hang it thanks' 'what why not? why not??' I want to say, 'drop it already, and one last time..no do not hang it!!'

I remember my old roommate, well, house mate in the UK, who happens to also own that house, was being helpful & hung my Schott by the hook. I was livid. However, he probably didn’t like the sight of a jacket on the couch & really thought he was being nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana