Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero web site

macguzzi

New in Town
Hi folks doing a bit of canvasing, what are your thoughts and opinions on the new aero web site compared with the old. I am intrested as I am the main creator of the site, doing all of the imaging, many thanks.

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Much better.
Only suggestion I have is to use more images of each jacket, including closeups of stitching, features, various linings, etc.
Lenny

Love the site. Keep portable devices such as the iPad in mind. As was asked, more pix is always good!
Need to remove "sold" items from the used/vintage section in a timely fashion.
Also, labels for what the hides are in the pix would be wonderful. Don't want to guess when I'm shopping!

Nicely done.

Love the site. Keep portable devices such as the iPad in mind. As was asked, more pix is always good!
Need to remove "sold" items from the used/vintage section in a timely fashion.
Also, labels for what the hides are in the pix would be wonderful. Don't want to guess when I'm shopping!

Nicely done.

Also, you ride a Guzzi?

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
As a UK based customer I have used both the new and old sites and the new site is better than the old one but there is room for improvement. As mentioned the descriptions and pictures could be much better.

For reference and more detail I always go to the Aero Leather USA PictureTrail album.

xt40

Familiar Face
your site is nice but the zoom in pictures are too small. they need to be much higher res and ideally shown being worn by a real person like john chapmans site.

As a UK based customer I have used both the new and old sites and the new site is better than the old one but there is room for improvement. As mentioned the descriptions and pictures could be much better.

For reference and more detail I always go to the Aero Leather USA PictureTrail album.

I go to that site too for pix.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Hi Macguzzi, well done on the Aero site, it's a big improvement on the old one.
As mentioned more pictures wouldn't hurt, specifically fit pics. I used to quite like the old customer's jackets section too...

split

New in Town
I would like to see size charts of standard jackets with measurements of for instance shoulder to shoulder seams, pitt to pitt distance, collar seam to hem, armlength -> seam to cuff. That sort of thing.

Michael

Edward

Bartender
I would like to see size charts of standard jackets with measurements of for instance shoulder to shoulder seams, pitt to pitt distance, collar seam to hem, armlength -> seam to cuff. That sort of thing.

Michael

Yes, that would be really useful too, I think - that's the sort of thing that I often would end up emailing Amanda about. She'll always be the ultimate authority, though, I think, over an FAQ! ;)

Forrest

Familiar Face
The new site is a HUGE improvement. I agree with what others are saying, though. I would have pictures of each jacket model in all the various hide colors. Standard size charts and the ability zoom or view a larger image would be really good. Perhaps dedicate a page to all of the liner options as well.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I am a new Aero customer, so I can't compare the new site with the old. But I can say that the new site is well done, very professional, and perhaps my favorite jacket company web site.

I agree with everything said thus far. I would like to add:

1) The website should have a link to the tartans available from Locharron.
2) There should be pictures of all of the other linings available and their colors.
3) Some simple customization options should be mentioned, such as "inside pockets available with zippered or snap closure."
4) There should be pictures of all the leather types (for example, the oil pull is missing).

macguzzi

New in Town
I am a new Aero customer, so I can't compare the new site with the old. But I can say that the new site is well done, very professional, and perhaps my favorite jacket company web site.

I agree with everything said thus far. I would like to add:

1) The website should have a link to the tartans available from Locharron.
2) There should be pictures of all of the other linings available and their colors.
3) Some simple customization options should be mentioned, such as "inside pockets available with zippered or snap closure."
4) There should be pictures of all the leather types (for example, the oil pull is missing).
if you look at leather links front page lochcarron is on there

macguzzi

New in Town

Michael

If you order a jacket you are best to quote those sizes as most aero jackets are custom made anyway

Edward

Bartender
The new site is a HUGE improvement. I agree with what others are saying, though. I would have pictures of each jacket model in all the various hide colors.

This would be nice, that and the jackets being modelled, though as I said in my comments on Aero's facebook page (I'll repeat the gist here to add to this discussion), as most Aero jackets are made to an individual order rather than stock, it could well be impractical for Aero to show 'one of everything' (which must be into nearly a hundred or more options by now, with just the standard jackets?), or have them modelled on the same size person a la John's site.

I do remember the Gap some years ago had a software application on their website which let you overlay images of their different models of jeans so you could see exactly the difference between one and another pair - next best thing to lying them out flat in front of you in person. Gave a fair idea of differences in fit - leg widths, leg shape, rise, etc. I don't know the technology well enough to know how difficult this would be (don't know if the Gap had something bespoke, or if there's a standard package readily available for commercial websites to do this), but it would be great to get an idea of how different fits relate to each other, especially given that I own a couple of Aeros. I know how an A2, a Bootlegger, A slim halfbelt, and a couple of others in my size fit on me; based on that I could be better able to decide not only how a new model might fit me with the ability to compare it like that, but whether it is the shape I would prefer, e.g. how a 50s halfbelt compares to a 30s compares to an Ace. Alongside a set of standard measurements for the jacket, that would be a really good way of getting an idea of whether I stick to my own size, go a size up, or ask for a custom sized order...

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
Denim

To add one thing to the already mentioned:
I'd like to get actual waist measurements in the denim section - or at least the info, if the model runs true to size or not. More details in descriptions would be nice also.

Dave E

One of the Regulars
As others have said, a big improvement over the old site. Could definitely do with more pictures (and bigger pics), especially showing details like backs, cuffs and the like (it's not always apparent from a general shot how things are constructed). I think a shot for each jacket model showing one actually on a person would be handy as it would give a good idea how the cut and fit work normally, so a baseline for people to ask for modifications from if they need it. Finally, the used and sale section just needs pruning regularly to keep it current. However, overall, a cracking job.

macguzzi

New in Town
Just to put you guys in the picture it has taken 20 months to shoot this waiting for jackets to be ordered and made so the model idea is impractical to do. I am no longer doing the site so anything that happens now ain't up to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace