Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero web site

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Just an unrelated question, do Aero charge the card when they start putting the jacket together? I placed the order via the web at November last year and haven't found the charge on my Visa statement....... Just curious.

Twit

One of the Regulars
No they don't, they are not allowed too!

They can only charge once the good have been despatched to the buyer, that is probably buried in the Sales of Goods Act somewhere. Because it seems to take an inordinate amount if time from placing an order to despatch, they can only charge at despatch. No retailer can or should charge prior to the good being despatched.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
if you look at leather links front page lochcarron is on there

My apologies: I cannot a link to Locharron anywhere on the Aero website. (I should add that I am not looking for it myself - I found it through the FL. I just think it would be useful for customers. Although since you are no longer working with the website, I suppose it is a moot point.)

Jules

New in Town
Hello loungers
The new site is much better than the old but im another one who would like to see more/better pictures closeups, higher res, and mabe with a person wearing the item too. I think this has been mentioned before too but there is no list/pictures of options available also no facility to select any options other than colour, leather and size . If a modification is going to cost you should be able to select it from a drop down menu and see the price . The picturetrail gallery for Aero USA has some great phots of loads of jackets and from all angles too.

Jules

zigmo

New in Town
I think from a design & functionality standpoint the site is fine, but I agree with the above statements that you may want to suggest to Aero to supply you with a larger/better catalog of photos for the various jackets.

Clicking the 'news' link along the top of the page produces a page not found error.

Other than that, it is a good site.

I guess I am confused on this thread. I thought Macguzzi was looking to improve the site, but he no longer maintains it?
Are we just wasting commentary? Was this for personal growth?
Just looking to clarify.

macguzzi

New in Town
I guess I am confused on this thread. I thought Macguzzi was looking to improve the site, but he no longer maintains it?
Are we just wasting commentary? Was this for personal growth?
Just looking to clarify.
No it was an honest attempt to get feedback from Aero customers, as this site is full of Aero owners. At my age and experience I am not intrested in personal growth.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
....and ideally shown being worn by a real person like john chapmans site.

This is very important to me on a jacket website and should be the first consideration, the jacket should be modelled and the model's height, chest and weight measurements given. Information regarding whether or not the colour is correct in picture is very important.
I'm always flabergasted by how poor most jacket websites are. J. Chapman's site is perhaps the best out there for true representation of the product being sold.

Tadite

Familiar Face
I'd second some of the previous posters. Highly detailed closeups, jackets on some standard person to get an idea of look, and more importantly a greater degree of access and details to the numerous special options available. Cuffs, zippers, tailoring, all sorts of strange modification would be great to actually see! I've become a big fan of goat and it would be nice to see some of the special models like on this site. The Jansolo Cheyenne would be great as an example.

O yea... and maybe one or two tailored female models! The wife's getting jealous.

macguzzi

New in Town
Just to let you know the facebbok page I started has been pulled by Aero and replaced with an inferior version, toys out the pram, pathetic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou