Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aeroleather Longhalfbelt, FQHH Cordovan wanted

Lear

One of the Regulars
@Lear, thank you very much for your Work. This is a great help for me! The next Beer in Pub, i order this :)

My pleasure. The kind folk of FL helped me with my first order. Now it's payback.

Cordovan can transfer colour onto your clothing. My current and previously swapped coats, have both left reddish marks on shirt collars and bulging shirt pockets. Also, marks on the upper thigh area of light coloured trousers (probably won't happen if it's a short jacket). The colour transfer lessens as time goes by. Could just be me though, as I do walk a lot in this coat, generating more friction and heat than most.

Remember, you can either own an Aero or drink beer. Nobody can afford to do both :D

Lear

smoz

One of the Regulars
My pleasure. The kind folk of FL helped me with my first order. Now it's payback.

Cordovan can transfer colour onto your clothing. My current and previously swapped coats, have both left reddish marks on shirt collars and bulging shirt pockets. Also, marks on the upper thigh area of light coloured trousers (probably won't happen if it's a short jacket). The colour transfer lessens as time goes by. Could just be me though, as I do walk a lot in this coat, generating more friction and heat than most.

Remember, you can either own an Aero or drink beer. Nobody can afford to do both :D

Lear

Also remember, you can either drink beer or get away with wearing an Aero 1930's half belt, nobody can manage to do both (that's why I went for a highwayman) ;).

Regarding your point about the cordovan bleed, I also experienced this a couple of times when my jacket was brand new it sometimes left a faint red mark on light coloured shirts, however this always washed straight out with no difficulty and now my jacket is a few months old is doesn't seem to happen any more (I went for the vintage cordovan FQHH).

Unwissender

One of the Regulars

Lear

This is a very nice setting. I want to do later when I have my jacket

... no more money for a beer at the pub? No problem, we take one of the discounters. We comply with the dress code for it ;-)

smoz

One of the Regulars
How wide is the breast pocket of the LBH? I fear that are the bit to small for my big hands

Can't help you with the half belt but I have a Highwayman which I would imagine is the same, just measured the outer breast pocket opening and it is twelve centimetres wide, though about one cm of this if taken up by the zip, it is about fifteen centimetres deep.

smoz

One of the Regulars
Thank you Smoz, now I know that are big enough pockets for me.

My cordovan highwayman and I will be in Stuttgart in about a months time (coming over for the Cannstatter Volksfest). I know Stuttgart isn't too close to Frankfurt but if you happen to find yourself over there and want to see what Cordovan FQHH looks like let me know.

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
I have another question for the experienced people here

what should I use for my LHB? the back of the Hercules or by the LHB with bi-swing?
How do they think?

Personal taste. I have both. Bi-swing adds some weight/material to the jacket, if you care.
Bi-swing can be made with a trimmer fit as it expands, a plain back has to be wider cut to accommodate movement. They're both fine. Pick the one you think has the look you're going for. If your wider-shouldered, this can be nice as it means the body doen't have to be super-wide to match your shoulders (using Bi-swing)

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Thank you Butte :)
My jacket is size UK have 52-54. The shoulders are always wide enough;-)

Is that Bi-swing really much more comfortable? Only then I want it. The back of the Hercules is very much better for me. But my motto is: the design follows function.

Boy, that's tough. I'm not sure I can say which is more comfortable. I've got some made of goat, FQHH, wool, and steer. I have all of the above without bi-swing too.
It adds more weight and some bulk to the back sides.
Does it make a difference? Flip a coin :)
Go for the look you want.

What is the difference between brown and oil bullet brown. Can find pictures here?

I think you mean Oil-Pull FQHH. It's a tad lighter and softer. A little darker brown - at least from my samples. I changed my 50's Half Belt Deluxe to Oil Pull last week.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy