Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AeroMarine featured on "The Dig" movie

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I had the opprotunity to watch a protion of this Netflix Movie last evening, and saw one of the characters "Rory" wearing a very nice button-up, Shaw collar leather jacket with an obvious western "V" on the back. I could nearly sense this was an Aero on his back. Turns out this was so:

upload_2021-2-3_12-19-36.png

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I had the opprotunity to watch a protion of this Netflix Movie last evening, and saw one of the characters "Rory" wearing a very nice button-up, Shaw collar leather jacket with an obvious western "V" on the back. I could nearly sense this was an Aero on his back. Turns out this was so:

View attachment 306878
I noticed that jacket as well. Good for Aero.

Bennarion

One Too Many

View attachment 306878
This jacket was made by Julie Leitch.
Some of the items are from Ken's wardrobe.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Yep, this is our Aeromarine made from Battered Steerhide, which is a perfect weight for this style!

Both of Ben Caplin/Stuart Piggott’s Tweed suits are also by Aero, and quite a few original vintage pieces in the film were from our archive stocks. It's lovely to see them on screen!

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My Aeromarine from the sale page. Posting the jacket in this Aeromarine thread because the other one was a bit dramatic and less about the jacket. This jacket deserves more recognition.

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

Some late afternoon light shots:
IMG_7205.JPG

IMG_7216.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

IMG_7246.JPG

This was a "test pattern". Not sure what it means. But it's GOOD.

I had an Aero A1 jacket before in Vicenza leather and it was too big and too small at the same time. So I was very hesitant about getting this Aeromarine. But I got lucky this time around.

This pattern in size 40 fits very similar to my new Aero Type 3 in size 42. The Aeromarine pattern probably fits better with more pliable leather. I got lucky with this dark seal Vicenza. Thick and soft. I actually don't recommand Vicenza for this as some of my past Vicenzas were quite stiff. This one is soft like the Badalassi cowhide. Could be just a fluke.

I've read about past threads on this pattern where shoulder width was a big deal. I don't think it tells the whole story. At least not this version of the pattern. The shoulder measures smaller on the front on this pattern, and bigger on the back. Very good for both looks and mobility. The A1 was not this good. The front is the same as the back . So the front was too big and the back was too small. Hence too big and too small at the same time. This one is much better.

Front shoulder measurement, 17" ish.
IMG_7389.JPG

Back shoulder measurement, 19"
IMG_7390.JPG

The collar work is quite fancy too. It measures small but fits very comfortably. The A1 measured bigger but fits small. Most other shawl collar jackets I've experienced basically has a stuck on round collar, not this guy. This one is curved and one with the front panels. Very cool. Pics don't do it justice.
IMG_7388.JPG

I wish more Aero patterns gets upgraded like this.

Test pattern. I like that word.

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Looks great!

I was very tempted buying this and had it several times in my basket, but never pulled the trigger. I was too worried about the exact things that turned out great for you: leather being too stiff, the mention of a test-pattern in the ad and the shoulder measurement vis-á-vis online feedback about the pattern being tricky to fit on the upper part.

I think what has been modified in this is the roomier neck-hole and the slightly larger collar compared to the original, and these seem to be clear improvements. I am considering ordering an Aeromarine with some custom spec and would like to have the upper part made just like in this.

Stellar jacket - wear it in good health!

Edward

Bartender
My Aeromarine from the sale page. Posting the jacket in this Aeromarine thread because the other one was a bit dramatic and less about the jacket. This jacket deserves more recognition.

View attachment 410606
View attachment 410607

Some late afternoon light shots:
View attachment 410609
View attachment 410610
View attachment 410611
View attachment 410612

This was a "test pattern". Not sure what it means. But it's GOOD.

I had an Aero A1 jacket before in Vicenza leather and it was too big and too small at the same time. So I was very hesitant about getting this Aeromarine. But I got lucky this time around.

This pattern in size 40 fits very similar to my new Aero Type 3 in size 42. The Aeromarine pattern probably fits better with more pliable leather. I got lucky with this dark seal Vicenza. Thick and soft. I actually don't recommand Vicenza for this as some of my past Vicenzas were quite stiff. This one is soft like the Badalassi cowhide. Could be just a fluke.

I've read about past threads on this pattern where shoulder width was a big deal. I don't think it tells the whole story. At least not this version of the pattern. The shoulder measures smaller on the front on this pattern, and bigger on the back. Very good for both looks and mobility. The A1 was not this good. The front is the same as the back . So the front was too big and the back was too small. Hence too big and too small at the same time. This one is much better.

Front shoulder measurement, 17" ish.
View attachment 410615

Back shoulder measurement, 19"
View attachment 410616

The collar work is quite fancy too. It measures small but fits very comfortably. The A1 measured bigger but fits small. Most other shawl collar jackets I've experienced basically has a stuck on round collar, not this guy. This one is curved and one with the front panels. Very cool. Pics don't do it justice.
View attachment 410617

I wish more Aero patterns gets upgraded like this.

Test pattern. I like that word.

Really nice jacket looks great. The Aeromarine is on my currently dozen-long want-list of jackets (trimmed down from an original 25 or so!).

The big bonus of civilian patterns, of course, is that tweaking them for improved fit is still within the ballpark; the military jackets, if a maker is going to sell them as repros, are kind of limited to the original patterns.... Of course, for the civilian styles Aero's philosophy is "vintage possible" rather than claiming, a few exceptions aside, to be recreating exact historical models. I like this approach as it leaves more room for creativity, without sacrificing the era style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ