Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's cotton drill - not that tough?

icecold

One of the Regulars
I've had my aero 30's half belt for about 4 months now and have worn it quite a bit. I was surprised that the supposedly very robust cotton drill lining is already getting worn out at some spots (e.g. around the waist), to an extent that I soon expect to see holes in the lining :( . is this somehting normal? I don't think I've abused the jacket in anyway other than wearing it a lot...

I've had a couple Aero jackets with the heavy cotton drill lining...and I would say that your discription is quite unusual. The black cotton drill that I am familiar with is quite tuff stuff. The thinner plaid cotton liners are a different story.
Sounds like something is contiuously rubbing against the liner. Pager? Clip on cell phone?
HD

Peacoat

Bartender
HoosierDaddy said:
I've had a couple Aero jackets with the heavy cotton drill lining...and I would say that your discription is quite unusual. The black cotton drill that I am familiar with is quite tuff stuff. The thinner plaid cotton liners are a different story.
Sounds like something is contiuously rubbing against the liner. Pager? Clip on cell phone?
HD

Or a Leatherman tool? My Alpaca lining has rubbed against a Leatherman tool for two years, and it is far from wearing through. If I look closely, I can tell where the tool hits the lining, but that is only because I am looking for the wear spot. I agree with HD that your experience is unusual. The drill lining is perhaps the toughest lining Aero has. It is certainly tougher than the Alpaca.

icecold

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
HD

Yeah, the lining overall is in great shape. There are just a couple of spots that really are about to get some holes. Beats me what what could it be rubbing against - i wear nothing at all on my belt, don't have weird posture or anything...

Jan Solo mentioned that he had a jacket lined with the gabardine used for the B-10 outer shell. Any chance that this would be tougher than the standard cotton drill:) ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy