Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aeros in Black Goatskin

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
How does the black goatskin look from Aero? Everyone seems to prefer the sealskin. I was thinking of getting a black goatskin jacket and was wondering peoples' thoughts and also if anyone has any pictures of a black goatskin jacket from Aero.

Edward

Bartender
Not an option. I enquired about it last year, and Amanda informed me that they don't do black goatskin because it isn't available to them.

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
I have a pair of black goatskin gloves that are very nice. Too bad Aero does not have black goatskin. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Langlitz offers black goat and is in your back yard, although I expect you already know. My last jacket was a G&B in dark brown goatskin. Wow, I like that leather quite a bit and would love to get an Aero goatskin jacket as I hear it is quite a few notches above the goatskin used by most shops.

It's funny - the steer on the HWM I got from Aero seems like a heavy goat. It's so dark it looks black and is really comfortable. I've not seen any black goat, but I bet it would look really nice.

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
I didn't really consider Langlitz goatskin jackets. Actually, didn't know they made their jackets in goatskin. I put on a heavy steerhide Cascade a few months ago, and it felt like my old high school football uniform when I played on the line. But in goat, it just might be do-able. Here is a link to langlitz. I would opt for the cafe racer front, I think. Now I'm intrigued. I will stop by this week and see what the showroom has on hand just to get a feel (literally) of the goat skin.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?51670-The-durability-of-NOS-Crown-zip

That Lost Worlds is out of this world. What a fantastic looking jacket. Still, in the goatskin, I think I might seek out the added quilting of a Langlitz on the shoulders and elbows, at least for limited riding capability.

One of the Regulars
Oye!! Knockout. I remember your post now. Gorgeous jacket (and bike)
At gives me an idea... lol

Oh no... another jacket?:cool:

I didn't really consider Langlitz goatskin jackets. Actually, didn't know they made their jackets in goatskin. I put on a heavy steerhide Cascade a few months ago, and it felt like my old high school football uniform when I played on the line. But in goat, it just might be do-able. Here is a link to langlitz. I would opt for the cafe racer front, I think. Now I'm intrigued. I will stop by this week and see what the showroom has on hand just to get a feel (literally) of the goat skin.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?51670-The-durability-of-NOS-Crown-zip

That Lost Worlds is out of this world. What a fantastic looking jacket. Still, in the goatskin, I think I might seek out the added quilting of a Langlitz on the shoulders and elbows, at least for limited riding capability.

FWIW, the Langlitz black goatskin is on par with LW goatskin. If you can go personally even better, Dave will take good care of your questions.
Please let us know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn