Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AFI 100 Greatest Movies

ITG

Call Me a Cab
What I don't get is this is a new list right? Has the list changed from last year's? And if so, why (because there's not a movie from this century on the list)?

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
ITG said:
What I don't get is this is a new list right? Has the list changed from last year's? And if so, why (because there's not a movie from this century on the list)?

No, this is the same list as before.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Whew! I was about to get disheartened with AFI's system. I wonder how often they do change their top 100 list though to allow newer movies to make their mark.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
So Many Bogart movies!!!

And personally I think Casablanca ranks higher than Citizen Kane. It's one of the few perfect movies out there. But then, this is AFI's list not IGB's list :p

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I haven't seen Citizen Kane, but I don't think Casablanca is a perfect movie. (ITG ducks as tomotoes are thrown her way.) I actually like "The Maltese Falcon" better (in terms of Bogart movies.) Casa took me several viewings before I could really follow it. Personally, I'd rate Forest Gump higher than Casablanca. I'm in no way saying I don't like the movie (I do like it), just stating an opinion.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
It does get a bit boring seeing the same titles. Go to the Internet Movie Data Base website to see thier listing of the top 250...many, many foreign films.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm sory, but where is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan?
min-khan.gif

Mycroft

One Too Many
Khannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like all their choices, but I think they are "classics list," very subjective and based on popularity and inpact on society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy