Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Wow I didn't even know you could condition your eyelashes...there seems to be plenty of moisture there. Spooky to think though...Thank God for the FDA!

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Jan Marini Skin Research has notified FDA that the company ceased manufacturing and shipping any Age Intervention Eyelash product containing bimatoprost last year.

There's something going on here; they pulled this formulation last year, and reformulated the product. The new product didn't have the same ingredient, and it didn't work as well. That's what they pulled.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Why...would you condition your eyelashes? Are you trying to style them? What?

I remember when I was 13 I used dollar-store mascara (which was cheap and very likely expired) and my eyes swelled shut. It was awful. And scary, at the time.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I was wondering the same thing as Viola myself. But then I noticed that some salons offer eyelash permanents.

Maybe the lashes get frizzy after the perms and they need to be conditioned?

KittenHasCurves

New in Town
The product helps to grow your lashes longer. I have used a similar product and it works quite well.

Someone on another board asked her eye doctor about it, and they said that even if it did contain the active ingredient in the glaucoma medicine the amount you use would be so insignificant it wouldnt be an issue.

There have been no reports of anyone that has actually been harmed by this product. The FDA is actually more irritated by the insufficent labeling.

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
FYI here is the letter from the owner of the company in question.

A Personal Message from Jan Marini

As a valued customer, we wanted to notify you regarding the recent government announcement.

The FDA has issued a press release announcing the seizure of our DISCONTINUED “Age Intervention Eyelash” product. As you know, this product was embargoed because of labeling issues in September 2006 and has not been manufactured or distributed since then. (14 months) We released our reformulated product, “Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner” in February 2007.

We were surprised and disheartened by the FDA’s action for three reasons. First, we offered to voluntarily dispose of the product at JMSR’s expense. Second, the FDA’s safety concerns have never been substantiated and we believe are without merit. The FDA has not identified a single user whose eyes have been damaged by our product, and among tens of thousands of users, Jan Marini Skin Research is not aware of any. JMSR has numerous and excellent safety studies that clearly demonstrate the safety of both the discontinued and new product. Third, there are other brands that are currently marketed, using the same ingredient as in our discontinued product with “drug” claims for eyelash growth, and the FDA has taken no enforcement action.

Attached is our media response to the FDA announcement.

This is a trying event to say the least and we truly appreciate your loyalty and support. Please be assured that we are here to assist you.

Warmest regards,

Jan Marini

Jan Marini Skin Research, Inc.

Josephine

One Too Many
Castor oil is a good lash conditioner, and I know of people on my long hair forum that say that the castor oil has thickened their lashes. Not made each lash thicker, but aided in getting more lashes to grow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner