Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age spots......

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I hope this hasn't already been posted, but does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of age spots (liver spots)? I have one on my face and it's driving me crazy. Makeup won't cover it up.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Rainbow said:
I hope this hasn't already been posted, but does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of age spots (liver spots)? I have one on my face and it's driving me crazy. Makeup won't cover it up.

Maybe under eye creams that contain skin brighteners can be applied to it?

Why does it drive you crazy?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
The only dermatologist recommended cream to lighten age spots contains hydroquinone.

I have used such creams and they do work, although slowly.

There are a lot of different ones, in ever price range known to mankind.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Tonic water contains quinine, a derivative of hydroquinone! That's why it glows in a black light. Maybe it can be used as a facial[huh] Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Blondie

Practically Family
A product or a peel containing glycolic acid will do the trick !
If it really bothers you, go see a good Dermatologist.

jayem

A-List Customer
Burt's Bees Wax eye creams does me good. Same with this facial cream I got from the Mexican market, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Rainbow

Familiar Face
thanks....

Thanks ladies, I have a few options to choose from. I really can't afford to go to the dermatologist because it would be considered cosmetic instead of medical. It's much larger than most age spots.

Josephine

One Too Many
I take about 5 or 6 aspirin (uncoated, the store brand), pulverize them into a fine powder, ass some aloe vera gel (just a little!) and use that as a mask/scrub. It's not a lot of the acetylsalicylic acid, but that and the exfoliating effect of the aspirin granules have helped tame the hyper pigmentation I have on my face. I use the aloe gel instead of water because water will dry too quickly and leave the aspirin flaking off your skin.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That Mexican cream

jayem said:
Burt's Bees Wax eye creams does me good. Same with this facial cream I got from the Mexican market, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

usually called Concha Nacar, or Concha de Nacar, it is also a hydroquinone cream, and works great. I also like Black & White Bleaching Cream, it's in the ethnic hair products aisle of the drugstore, and comes in a beautiful Art Deco lavender tube!

And always, always, wear a strong sunscreen on it. No amount of fade creams will help if you replenish it with sun exposure every day.

I started getting these spots on the backs of my hands, nothing makes me feel so ancient as that! So I am putting the cream on before I go to bed (as I know it will stay put a few hours), wearing sunscreen in case, and gloves at all times when outside. The hard part is wearing gloves in the hot summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80