Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Orangegrad

Practically Family
First attempts at a bash on this:

I started out with a bash very similar to yours - and it looks great on you. I have an unreasonably narrow head (I sometimes wear kids glasses) and the width of the teardrop just didn't look good on me. Sure wish I could pull it off, as the crown is tall enough for it. The bash on your BGCD looks extremely good.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thanks folks. I'd be happier if the brim was 1/2 or even 1/4" narrower, but I think I'll get used to it.

At first I didn't like the larger brim. But after comparing it with my black Borsalino Alessandria which has a brim nearly a half inch smaller, there's no question that the taller crown really wants that wider brim. I wouldn't want it any other way after wearing mine for several weeks. In fact, I like it so much that a Taupe Fawn CD is on its way over from Katoomba.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
The TFCD - a great alternative to the BGCD

Here's my new Taupe Fawn Camp Draft (TFCD). Though I don't imagine that this fedora will get as much buzz as the BGCD, I think it's every bit as good a color and equally, if not more, versatile with the clothes colors it can be worn with. I also really like the light salmon color liner. Though it may sound like heresy, this CD may get more head time than the BGCD. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I chose the Taupe Fawn, too, Andy, and I probably won't get another color. This goes with a lot of my clothes, and I already have some gray hats.

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
How do the taupe fawn and tawny fawn Imperial colors compare to the Heritage fawn color? I think this may have been discussed in the past, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
How do the taupe fawn and tawny fawn Imperial colors compare to the Heritage fawn color? I think this may have been discussed in the past, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

My Imperial grade Taupe Fawn Camp Draft on left and my Heritage grade Heritage Fawn Fed IV Deluxe on right.

In terms of the quality of the fur, there is no comparison, as the Heritage grade is much thicker, and I believe has more depth of color. But each has its place.

Last edited:

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Thanks, those are great pix. I've got the Fed IV in the Heritage fawn, and CDs in BG Imperial and Moonstone heritage. I was looking for something a little more tan in color.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thanks, those are great pix. I've got the Fed IV in the Heritage fawn, and CDs in BG Imperial and Moonstone heritage. I was looking for something a little more tan in color.

This camera really doesn't quite get the color correct. It's an old, low pixel digital. The CD in taupe fawn has a warmth to it. The Heritage fawn is a cooler color. There's a good bit of warmth with the taupe fawn. I can only imagine how nice this color would be if it came in Heritage felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy