Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Six weeks and counting for me. Trudi at Hats Direct is still "confident" it will show up at some point. Told them I would like it replaced, as I'm not so confident.

Anyone looking to unload one in 63cm or 64cm...if so, send me a PM.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
New Campdraft in Bluegrass Green is OTW! I splurged $4 xtra for"Express" shipping. Rather than regular air mail. Lets see how long US CUSTOMS keeps the hat this time...

89quattro

One of the Regulars
You guys are killing me! Sam has me on standby for all 3 colors with his May delivery.
Still having difficulty understanding why Hats Direct charges what they do for standard airmail delivery without any tracking capability.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You guys are killing me! Sam has me on standby for all 3 colors with his May delivery.
Still having difficulty understanding why Hats Direct charges what they do for standard airmail delivery without any tracking capability.

Sorry I know nothing abt Hats Direct. Regular airmail (to Ca.) via USPS cost abt $21 for one hat from EA. It was trackable. Got to Ca. In 3 days. Sat in customs and finally got to me 9 days after customs. Dont now how it was sent from CA to Mass. Airmail or ground...? Express shipping is only abt $4. Its a no-brainer.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sorry about that. I know the feeling.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Sorry I know nothing abt Hats Direct. Regular airmail (to Ca.) via USPS cost abt $21 for one hat from EA. It was trackable. Got to Ca. In 3 days. Sat in customs and finally got to me 9 days after customs. Dont now how it was sent from CA to Mass. Airmail or ground...? Express shipping is only abt $4. Its a no-brainer.

+1 for Sam at Everything Australian with his willingness to double check orders and inexpensive and trackable shipping program.

From now on, I go to EA first - will wait 3 months on them before ordering elsewhere!

Fed

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to say that all you guys couldn't have been more right about the Campdraft. I've had my Bluegrass for one week now and I love the hell out of it. What a fantastic hat. Thanks to all for the advice. And my kid keeps promising he'll show me how to post pics. Hopefully real soon. I'll cut off his funding if he doesn't.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have to say that all you guys couldn't have been more right about the Campdraft. I've had my Bluegrass for one week now and I love the hell out of it. What a fantastic hat. Thanks to all for the advice. And my kid keeps promising he'll show me how to post pics. Hopefully real soon. I'll cut off his funding if he doesn't.
Still tryin too figure that out myself. Tech illerate.

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Love this thread! Great photos. I enjoy my Fed IV Deluxe so much, I decided to order a CD-D in Moonstone. Really looking forward to it. Ordered with Hats Direct. They've been really good to work with and Trudi has been responsive.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
As he has with me. Will post when I get it.

3 to 4 days was very ambitious. Its been 2 weeks for "express shipping." Just found out tonight this Fri evening the BG CD is in NY. I may have it Sat. Wasnt trackable by AU post or USPS till 2 weeks after Sam shipped it... supposedly cuz of the "bad weather" here in the States.

Hoodoo

New in Town
Hi everybody, my first post this, I just joined after reading along in this (and other) thread(s) for quite some time. I ordered a silverbelly CD with Hats Direct on 14th of February. Received it the 28th, exactly two weeks later. It was the non-trackable regular AirMail option. I just called our national postal services and they provided me with a tracking number as soon as it landed here in the Netherlands. I did have to pay an additional 32 euros for taxes/customs when the postman arrived at my frontdoor if anybody would find that kind of info helpful or useful.

Anyhoo, the hat is absolutely beautiful, and thank you guys for making me take that step to order one. All the photos and info here was what made me decide to do so.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic