Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

7:45 AM:

Picture9.jpg

I dunno. Maybe I should order it before it goes back up!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bob, thank you. It's nice to get information when you're trying to make a decision. I'd appreciate it if people with nothing to add would keep their thoughts to themselves, even if, of course, there's no one in their own lives left to irritate.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Update: JJ Hat Center in NYC (my go-to shop whenever I'm in town) had ONE Campdraft in Taupe Fawn and my size available this morning, so I pulled the trigger with them (I can't recommend Colin enough: good dude, super knowledgable). Apparently they ordered a bunch of lids from Australia earlier this year, and are down to slim pickings now.

I'm already anticipating wanting another, so Hats Direct will get my money sometime after the new year for number two.

Again, thanks all for the input,

- m

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Update: JJ Hat Center in NYC (my go-to shop whenever I'm in town) had ONE Campdraft in Taupe Fawn and my size available this morning, so I pulled the trigger with them (I can't recommend Colin enough: good dude, super knowledgable). Apparently they ordered a bunch of lids from Australia earlier this year, and are down to slim pickings now.

I'm already anticipating wanting another, so Hats Direct will get my money sometime after the new year for number two.

Again, thanks all for the input,

- m

Colin is a fantastic guy
Guess what he is wearing in this pic...

8f4669e3da6d8a6adcc076b96de75d9d.jpg

congrats on your new CD
can't wait to see headshots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob, thank you. It's nice to get information when you're trying to make a decision. I'd appreciate it if people with nothing to add would keep their thoughts to themselves, even if, of course, there's no one in their own lives left to irritate.
Thx. If your gonna order the Fed, I very strongly recommend the Heritage/Deluxe grade, if softness is important to you. My first Fed was Deluxe, the 2nd (Imperial grade) which I received a few months ago was terribly STIFF.

Willybob

A-List Customer
The ones I've purchased always came loose and adjusted to my head to perfection. I ordered based on my actual melon circumference converted to a 60. I think a tad bit large is better with Akubra.

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
58cm Stetsons fit me just about perfectly.
58cm Borsalinos tend to be little tight on me.
58cm Akubras are usually a little loose but soon shrink down a little to a perfect fit for me.

Regarding the difference in weight between the regular "Imperial Quality" and the more expensive "Heritage Grade" Campdrafts:
My 58cm Bluegrass Green "Imperial Grade" Campdraft from EverythingAustralian weighs 170gm.

I asked HatsDirect about the difference in weight between the two grades of Akubra felt hats and this is the answer that I received:

"My most interesting request this weekend - so here goes - all size 58's

Campdraft Silverbelly - 151 gms
Campdraft Taupe fawn - 164 gms
Campdraft Glen Grey - discontinued.
Campdraft Deluxe Silverbelly - 180 gms
Campdraft Deluxe Moonstone - 167 gms

Best regards,
Trudi Francis"

It appears from the above that the "Heritage Grade" hats are heavier than the "Imperial Quality" hats.

g.durand

One Too Many
I have a Moonstone in Heritage grade and a Bluegrass Green in Imperial grade and they feel the same as far as finish and softness. They have each softened up since I got them but neither one was stiff when I first received it. The only difference is the sweatband on the Heritage is a little bit better.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just went with the SBCD in Heritage grade from Hatsdirect. Pure torture trying to decide which style and color, but in the end it's just so much fun. Went with the CD, I guess, because of the slightly bigger brim. Joao's influence is having its effect. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112