Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a photo of my Camp drafts. I think the Camp Draft is a good value also!
0258b9adac044732c06fa99415d0bfea.jpg
d53cbea1ff9d06d301f55fd44c128ec4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
Bluegrass green from EA. Much more green than I thought it would be from this thread...

No complaints though...
That's exactly what I thought when I pulled the hat out of the box! A LOT more green than I expected.

Funny thing is, that green hat seems to look good with just about every color in my wardrobe. Surprisingly versatile!

PanosChris

Practically Family
Just an FYI for Loungers: in recent correspondence with Trudi and Naomi at The Hattery I discovered that the Taupe Fawn Camp Draft is out of stock until January 2020.

Now commence re-prioritizing the "to-buy" hat list. ;)
Thanks for sharing this! I was just about ready to pull the trigger for this one :( Does someone else currently have it in stock ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Just an FYI for Loungers: in recent correspondence with Trudi and Naomi at The Hattery I discovered that the Taupe Fawn Camp Draft is out of stock until January 2020.

Now commence re-prioritizing the "to-buy" hat list. ;)

It’s pretty common for batches of Akubra hats to be three months or so out, depending on your size. I ordered this exact same hat, was told three months’ wait, and received it in right at four months. It’s a nice hat, though, and definitely worth a two-month wait.

Good luck!

tsores

Familiar Face
Any Campdraft owners with LO noggins? How does the hat conform to this shape head? What happens to the brim? What is the recommended way to shape it and is there a reed that needs to be removed? Pics?

Thanks.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Any Campdraft owners with LO noggins? How does the hat conform to this shape head? What happens to the brim? What is the recommended way to shape it and is there a reed that needs to be removed? Pics?

Thanks.
I've a LO and just received my third CD two weeks ago. All of my CD's have come in a bit on the large side, but after I stick that styrofoam strip under the band it fits perfectly: then, somewhere down the road I'll find I can get rid of the strip. I don't spend too much time or effort on the shaping: I just find the center point of the front of the crown, give the sides a pinch (not too sharp of a point at the front), and then press down with my finger down the center of the crown. After that I just give it a C-crown and see how it looks. I also give it a while before I give it any steam and squeeze in the indentations around the crown, as I've found that once I've done that, well, that's the way it'll stay. I've got to say, though, that these things seem to have minds of their own: one of my CD's is an up-brim all the way around, another has a kind of swoop to the brim in the front, and the new one seems to want a down-brim. I don't argue with them, and they all look fine. I've never noticed any problems because of my LO head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points