Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is what I was thinking, but two things are holding me back:

1.) Unlike the Tawny Fawn Federation, the ribbon on the Taupe Fawn campdraft is of a matcing color (or close to it).

2.) I'm not sure if Tawny/Taupe Fawn is a dark enough color to avoid "washing me out". I'm not quite sure how to accurately describe my complexion...I do wear a lot more "earth" colors though...hmmm...

Overall, I'm not really hung up on whether or not to get the Campdraft. My main beef is with the color selection, because the Glen Grey is the only one I know for certain would look good on me.

If I do get a Taupe Fawn Campdraft, I think one of the future customizations I will give it is a new binding, dark brown in color, and a new dark brown ribbon (wide or narrow, that decision's still up in the air).

Oh well, I've got a bit of time to decide while I'm still scrounging up the cash. Someone will probably convince me, whether it's you guys or myself.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Neophyte, I think we're in somewhat of the same boat in terms of the fawn color choice. I know my experience with silverbelly wasn't pleasant. Most of the time I looked like a ghost warmed over, and I'm outside all the time. When I wore the silverbelly CD I briefly owned, I would get odd "are you sick?" stares from friends and even total strangers.

From the photos I've seen both here and on Club Obi-Wan, I've fairly convinced myself that I can do tawny as it has more deep brown undertones than the silverbelly which had yellow undertones.

I also wear more earth tones, whites, or blues instead of blacks and greys. Though, my carbon grey squatter is more blue than grey, so it works well with my blues and whites.

From the pics I've seen, I think you could go with tawny fawn.

I guess I said all that to relate it to my current hat choice problem. Heritage fawn, or tawny fawn Federation? haha

Randy

Neophyte

sssssshhhhhhhshhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh .........you can't talk about "that other hat" on the CAMPDRAFT forum. Ohhhhh, you're gonna get it now!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :kick: :kick:

Neophyte

In all seriousness though, I'm glad to know there's another Casper out there going through the same dilemma.:cheers1:

Oh, and can you show me a pic of the CG Squatter sometime? I got the willow green, and I always wondered about the CG.

...Crap, now I gotta lay low for a while. :cool2:

theinterchange

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
In all seriousness though, I'm glad to know there's another Casper out there going through the same dilemma.:cheers1:

Oh, and can you show me a pic of the CG Squatter sometime? I got the willow green, and I always wondered about the CG.

...Crap, now I gotta lay low for a while. :cool2:

I'm not too fair skinned, I'm outside daily, it's just that yellow undertones wash me out. [huh]

I'll have to dig out some pics of the Squatter. There are a couple buried in the Overload thread if I haven't deleted the pics from Photobucket. But, I'll get on the pics in a bit.

Randy

Neophyte

Oh, my apologies for the Casper comment then. lol lol lol
Don't worry about the pics then, I'll just search through your old posts. Thanks though.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
Oh, my apologies for the Casper comment then. lol lol lol
Don't worry about the pics then, I'll just search through your old posts. Thanks though.

No worries! You weren't far off though, as a kid, I was quite pale, and often called Casper. haha

I may have deleted the photos from photobucket, I was just stepping out the door when I replied earlier. Let me go have a look.

Randy

Neophyte

I believe that I have made my decision. The Glen Grey Campdraft...

On campus, I always wear jeans. Navy blue looks good with grey. As long as I avoid brightly colored shirts, my earth tones should look just fine with the hat. If I like the dimensions and decide to purchase another Campdraft---a symptom many of the Loungers on this forum seem to exhibit---I will be more risky and go with the Taupe Fawn.

I will have brown covered with the Federation IV (recently revived)...
Green covered by the Squatter...
Grey covered by Syndey and upcoming Campdraft, favoring Campdraft...

...I think I've sufficiently tricked/convinced myself into pulling the trigger. Now just need to scrounge together a few more dollars...

Happy Jack

A-List Customer
IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Everything Austalian, Sam was great to deal with.
Just picked it up today from the PO.[huh]

Neophyte

Aw man, thanks for the sunlight pic.
Unfortunatley, that shade of grey is just too bright.
Oh well, maybe someday when one of these places decides to do a run of darker colored Campdrafts (you know, other than Bluegrass Green), I'll be there.

It's annoying to be shunted from a hat because of color selection, but I'm also not patient enough to wait for a special one. Oh well.

:eusa_clap
It's a great looking hat, and I hope you enjoy it...this goes to all of you Campdraft owners, you lucky b*st*rds lol ,

Neophyte

:eek:

:eusa_doh:

lol

My bad, Happy Jack. Now that I see it again, it does look green. I also forgot that's pretty much the only color EA seems to have in stock for the CD. Grey or green, it's still too bright...

Oh well, good luck with that hat, and I hope you like it.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
:eek:
That's great. I wish I had that kinda patience.

That's what spoils me about HatsDirect, everything's rocket fast in terms of them having something in stock and shipping it once you place the order. I've just placed an order from Aussiebushhats.com.au [not a fedora]. They seem to be on the ball, too.

Randy

casechopper

My Silverbelly campdraft was ordered late May and shipped on the 27th from Everything Australian as well. Maybe they just got a shipment in?

Neophyte

Turns out HatsDirect only has one glen grey Campdraft left in my size, but they also have a Taupe Fawn Campdraft of the same measurements. Damn! The great debate rages onward. If I ever do make a decision, expect to see some pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart