Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

James71

A-List Customer
Glen grey CD with my custom ribbon job on the mean streets of Adelaide late at night.

fbba4167.jpg

email68

One of the Regulars
My CD is sitting in the post office. All I have is a delivery notice :-(. First thing tomorrow, I'll be down there getting it!

email68

One of the Regulars
I picked mine up from the post office. I never purchased a properly sized hat before. My last hat was a large ;-). Anyway, I ordered and received a 58 CD today. It fits a little snug. I must be a 59. Is there a way to stretch it, or will it do it naturally?

I can pull it down to the right place on my head, but I can sure feel it on my forehead.

-Tim

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked mine up from the post office. I never purchased a properly sized hat before. My last hat was a large ;-). Anyway, I ordered and received a 58 CD today. It fits a little snug. I must be a 59. Is there a way to stretch it, or will it do it naturally?

I can pull it down to the right place on my head, but I can sure feel it on my forehead.

-Tim

Why not send it back and exchange it for a larger size?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I emailed them to see what can be done. Seems like mailing it back to Australia would cost a bit.
If you have a western wear shop near you that sells hats, you might be able to get them to stretch it for you (for a price usually) or you can get a "Hat Jack" ( sold by many mail-order/internet shops) and with some steam or distilled water stretch it yourself.
Onward thru the fog:)

email68

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I'm considering the hat jack. I think the problem maybe I have an oval head. When I push in the sides, the front loosens up a bit. Will these hats stretch naturally from just wearing them?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. I'm considering the hat jack. I think the problem maybe I have an oval head. When I push in the sides, the front loosens up a bit. Will these hats stretch naturally from just wearing them?

Hat Jacks are good for Oval head shapes and yes Akubra's will stretch and conform to your head the more you wear it and especially if you get it wet in a good soaking rain or two :)

email68

One of the Regulars
Hat Jacks are good for Oval head shapes and yes Akubra's will stretch and conform to your head the more you wear it and especially if you get it wet in a good soaking rain or two :)

Thanks, I think I'll be good to go with it. I also got a henry hat today and although its a little looser, it feels very similar.

Here is a photo of the CD. Still playing with the bash. Hard to tell with this iSight camera anyway.

Photoon2011-01-10at1909.jpg

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Thanks, I think I'll be good to go with it. I also got a henry hat today and although its a little looser, it feels very similar.

Here is a photo of the CD. Still playing with the bash. Hard to tell with this iSight camera anyway.

Photoon2011-01-10at1909.jpg
Looks good. Mine was a little tight when it came. I gave it a little stretch overnight and now it fits great. Enjoy the hat I wore mine today.

Jeff

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I live in exciting and cold Wichita KS. Hatman Jack's, Vanderbilt's, and Shepler's all three carry Hat jacks to stretch your hat.

Later

T Rick

Practically Family
Harbor Freight has some cheap ones that work fine, too = http://www.harborfreight.com/adjustable-hat-stretcher-42210.html

Wow that's a great price~! Just paid $20 for a nearly identical one at a local Hatter (had their name on it, guess I can't be accused of not supporting my local Hatter :D).

Now I'm thinking it's so cheap, I may go pick up a couple just to have. But I wonder how many I need, already have two stretchers (bought a plastic one at a Western shop). I guess it would be best to keep them in some hats I've stretched to keep the size?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy