Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
Is there anyone who has all colors, with name next to it as a comparison by any chance? It is very difficult choosing a color! I would wear it on vacation or out during outdoor activities so brown might perhaps be too Indiana style? :)

Is there anyone who has all colors, with name next to it as a comparison by any chance? It is very difficult choosing a color! I would wear it on vacation or out during outdoor activities so brown might perhaps be too Indiana style? :)

The Campdraft is basically an early version of the Open Road from Stetson. One of the colors that is used most for the Open Road is called Silverbelly which over time seems to have a wide latitude in color, but it is a light color not a white but like a winter white, ivory or very light tan color and works really well with a lot of clothes.

I have the Bluegrass Green, the Glen Grey & the Mid-Brown, used to have the Silver Belly but sold it in anticipation of the Heritage quality version coming soon.
I have not had the Taupe Fawn. The Mid-Brown is a dark brown with olive undertones that come out in sunlight. Akubra's Silver Belly is more tannish than other makers.
If I could only have 1 color or the first color I'd buy, then that'd be the Silver Belly. I love the BG for hunting & outdoor activity with the Glen Grey & Mid-Brown being for dressier wear which is still casual to most folks. HTH

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
I could get a mid-brown, but was afraid it was too casual in a way, lol, you are saying it is dressier than the others? Would you happen to have any pictures around of it in a normal environment (so not in the forest or something)?

Thank you very much!

Here are some shots on my couch...
cdbrown3.jpg

cdbrown4.jpg

Some action shots...
cdmbw1.jpg

cdmd.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Lol... I'd read here of some who ordered their Camp Drafts from Everything Australian getting a leather fobbed key ring with their order. Never saw one in my box, figured they'd just left it out in error. No big deal, a bit of advertising they wouldn't get, but it surprised me (maybe they ran out?). Nope.

Tonight when I came home from shopping, I took off the Bluegrass Green Camp Draft and felt something odd where I was grabbing the hat. What the heck is that? Well, somewhere in shipment I suppose, the included key ring had worked it's way inside the liner of the hat. Not sure if it lodged in the sweat, but I doubt it. But I've had the hat now for just over 5 months, and worn it probably as much as the rest of my hats put together (maybe excluding the Panamas). Never noticed it until tonight! Wonder if it'll be even more comfortable now? ;)

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Lol... I'd read here of some who ordered their Camp Drafts from Everything Australian getting a leather fobbed key ring with their order. Never saw one in my box, figured they'd just left it out in error. No big deal, a bit of advertising they wouldn't get, but it surprised me (maybe they ran out?). Nope.

Tonight when I came home from shopping, I took off the Bluegrass Green Camp Draft and felt something odd where I was grabbing the hat. What the heck is that? Well, somewhere in shipment I suppose, the included key ring had worked it's way inside the liner of the hat. Not sure if it lodged in the sweat, but I doubt it. But I've had the hat now for just over 5 months, and worn it probably as much as the rest of my hats put together (maybe excluding the Panamas). Never noticed it until tonight! Wonder if it'll be even more comfortable now? ;)

OH MAN ! Ya gotta put that back in ! It's the ancient digery 'juster used to achieve the world famous fit of Akubra's !! :)

T Rick

Practically Family
OH MAN ! Ya gotta put that back in ! It's the ancient digery 'juster used to achieve the world famous fit of Akubra's !! :)

Lol! You know, I'd actually begun to think the hat had shrunk as it seemed just a wee bit tighter than it had been. Just putting it back on has confirmed, I think the leather fob had indeed gotten in behind the sweat. Fits better without. :D

Last edited:

Wow, that's pretty funny. The best part is that you have the key ring and and interesting little story about it now.

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
My mid-brown campdraft has arrived, and I (tried to) put a teardrop on it. Amazing looking hat, just loevely. Brim is a little wider than expected, but still excellent. The material feels nice ,and was very easy to form into the required shape. It arrived lightning fast from EA.

Small funny note, I read somewhere of a person having the 'keychain' from EA lost, only to be found 1 year later in between the sweatband... Mine was actually nowhere to be found, except it seemed to have found its way in between the felt and the lining!! Had I not read that post, I would probablo never even have known I was carrying a keyhanger with me in that hat :p

The mid-brown is brown on mushrooms, really, when I took it out of the box, it was no way brown (it was more greenish??), but then when I wet it it was for sure brown. Very strange color (but very nice).

One happy camp(draft)er here :)

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
My mid-brown campdraft has arrived, and I (tried to) put a teardrop on it. Amazing looking hat, just loevely. Brim is a little wider than expected, but still excellent. The material feels nice ,and was very easy to form into the required shape. It arrived lightning fast from EA.

Small funny note, I read somewhere of a person having the 'keychain' from EA lost, only to be found 1 year later in between the sweatband... Mine was actually nowhere to be found, except it seemed to have found its way in between the felt and the lining!! Had I not read that post, I would probablo never even have known I was carrying a keyhanger with me in that hat :p

The mid-brown is brown on mushrooms, really, when I took it out of the box, it was no way brown (it was more greenish??), but then when I wet it it was for sure brown. Very strange color (but very nice).

One happy camp(draft)er here :)

This post is useless without pics!

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
I agree, I'd love to add pictures, but don't have anywhere to upload them! Is there a quick and very easy way to upload them somewhere?

T Rick

Practically Family
I agree, I'd love to add pictures, but don't have anywhere to upload them! Is there a quick and very easy way to upload them somewhere?

Photobucket.com is also very popular and easy. That was me with the hidden keyring, it was actually inside the liner too, just that I didn't notice it until over 5 months later, and the leather part had worked it's way behind the sweat at some point (still under the liner) and it made the hat a bit tighter. Very funny that, glad I found it, as I'd been thinking the hat had shrunk a bit. Fits better with the keyring out of the hat!

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
2yuaiao.jpg

96zvjo.jpg

ea00w9.jpg

Let' see if this works

It is very bad quality, don't have a camera ready besides the one here on the laptop.

What do you think of the 'bash'? I've never done it before.

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
it still looks huge, but I am indeed rebashing him a little to be a tad higher. It still looks more than high enough, but then it looks a little less fedora like and more cowboy like, I'd like to avoid that (if that makes sense to you, congratulations for understanding me on this one) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy