Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tnitz said:
That's a good looking hat and you've done quite well in my estimation. There's a quality to your crease I can't quite describe that I like - maybe it's that you've avoided pinching the front. Though my haberdasher always got mad at me, I've always ended up pinching the front to a point.
Gee, I liked his crease for that reason. I like both the hat and the crease, even the color, and I told myself I wouldn't buy a green hat.

Duper

Practically Family
marvelgoose, Nice BG CD. It is summer and all the new Campdrafts seem to be a beautiful shade of green. Glad you included the outdoor photos. Almost everything looks better in natural light except for ageing movie stars and used cars.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Very Green ...

In the movie Wyatt Earp, the Valdosta -educated Doc Holliday makes the following observations :

In Georgia, we were taught
that a man should take pride in his work.

Have you ever been to Georgia?

Beautiful state, Georgia.

Very green. I was forced to leave Georgia.

I fear that I will never see it again.

:cool2:

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I just heard from Sam at EA. I wanted a Bluegrass Green Campdraft in size 62, but unfortunately they got in every size but 62. :eusa_doh: They won't be getting any more in until around Christmas. :(

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
marvelgoose said:
It took from February to April, but the big sizes finally arrived. I had it come to the office since EA requires a signature. Everyone freaked out when I pulled it out of the box and the first thing I did was karate chop it down the middle.

"You mean you shape it yourself?" hehe

green3.jpg
green4.jpg

You chopped it just right!! :eusa_clap​

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Everything Australian has updated their website. If you're anything other than a size 62, step up and get your Bluegrass Green Campdrafts. I've got my size 62 preordered, so that'll be my Christmas present to myself. Hopefully the exchange rate will be favorable then.

babs

A-List Customer
Finally!!!

Hi guys.. I know I haven't been in much. Ok I had stepped away from hats for a while, satisfied with my humble little collection, but sure enough, I'm surfing around for giggles on the bay and baboom!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...39291&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3842wt_1139

MINE! All mine!!! I just jumped on it. Couldn't stand it.. Couldn't let it go.

Finally I get to lay eyes on and see a sure enough Akubra in person.
Impulse buy but that's what margarita's will do to ya. I assume I did good. :)

And I gotta wait until fall to wear it?!?!?! Aaagghh!!

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Do we need an Akubra Telethon ? Won't you help ?

:D
babs said:
Hi guys.. I know I haven't been in much. Ok I had stepped away from hats for a while, satisfied with my humble little collection, but sure enough, I'm surfing around for giggles on the bay and baboom!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...39291&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3842wt_1139

Not at all. You'll be out in the western Carolina evenings before fall arrives. I guarantee. :cheers1: This is the only current color I don't have in the CD, or have on order. I must do something about that.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
babs said:

You did well! :eusa_clap A mid-brown CD is on my gottahavelist, too. No, you don't have to wait until fall to wear it. You just won't be able to wear it outside for a while. ;)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
babs said:

I was watching that. I am glad it went to a good owner.

babs

A-List Customer
Thanks Spats and Yeps.
Yeah I watched that thing long enough to read thoroughly and hit buy it now.

Agreed that brown looks like a definite 'gottahave' if you're into campdrafts. I assume that's the "taupe fawn" color as listed on hatsdirect but actually I'd guess 'mid brown' as per Akubra's site, but that color isn't listed as a choice on hatsdirect. Interesting.. And they're the only site I see with that style-name campdraft, unless my google-fu isn't very strong today. :) LOL

I'll surely try to snap some good day-time inside/outside shots once I get it.

Now I have to surf up on sizing characteristics of the campdraft.. This one is a 59 7 3/8 and I'm hoping like other 7 3/8's I've received this one fits like a glove (on my noggin).. Understanding there's some experiences by folks with Fed and Campdraft sizing.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Everything Australian sells the CD in mid-brown, but there's no pic of it on the website & it has the Dreaded Akubra Wait on it. So, again, I think you did really well to get it at that price without the DAW.

I wear a 7 1/2 LO, and my CD is a size 60. It was just a little big on me when I first got it, but a couple of good sweats and it's perfect. I had a Stylemaster in 59, but it just wasn't quite big enough. That is the taupe fawn on the HD website, but you can switch the picture by selecting different colors. I think HD also carries glen grey and silverbelly, as well.

Please post some nogginshots when you get it.

babs

A-List Customer
Oh definitely.. I have this new-fangled iMac now with a camera (unlike the iPad bwahahaha), so I can take a reasonably grainy but decent pic. However, I'll get some with the regular camera. It's gonna be a loooooong wait. Luckily this is a very busy weekend with kids and friends' kid birthday parties.

Good.. Luckily then the 59 will be right on the money on my oval nordic melon.

mflemming

One of the Regulars
My first Campdraft is on the way...

A few weeks ago, Everything Australian was out of stock on 57's in the Bluegrass Green, but when I looked last night they had them. With the less expensive shipping it came to US$111.46, at that price I couldn't resist.

babs

A-List Customer
Mailman was good to me today. :)
Definitely a deep rich mid-brown CD.
Fit is good though a touch on the large and round side which I'll take.. Better a bit large than too small.

Takes a quick bash without steam ok however, she'll need steam and a good plan I think. Such a tall crown.. First one I've owned with so much hat, brim, crown, the whole gambit. I'm considering an elongated tear-drop but I noticed because it's the first hat I've owned with a very straight block, it can actually show a left/right reverse taper, which I think I'd like to avoid, going for a front/rear straight or slight reverse taper if possible.. So I'm guessing a deep center dent or if a tear-drop one that doesn't get too wide.

Photoon2010-06-28at2131.jpg

Photoon2010-06-28at21324.jpg

Sorry.. Dark now so just yucky iMac pics.. I'll definitely get some good ones up in daylight and hopefully with a good and proper bash... Suggestions on that from you pro's very very much welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran