Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Dave E

One of the Regulars
That looks excellent! The glen grey looks much lighter in tone than I'd imagined from other pictures, I'm now torn between that and the silverbelly when I get myself a Campdraft.

James71

A-List Customer
Ive got a silverbelly in my sights next...... it is a truely beautiful colour, but I particularly wanted a grey hat to go with my black and charcoal suits. The black bogart just looks too mobster during the day with the dark suits, so it has been relegated to "gigging after 6" hat.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Usually I think the Campdraft is just too big of a hat for me mostly in the crown, but then photos like these show up and I am once again thrown into the agony of trying to decide what it would actually be like in person. I just may never know

[IMG said:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/WJByrnes/Campdrft5.jpg[/IMG]
Campdrft5.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I've just spoken with Everything Australian and they are definitely out of the Bluegrass Campdraft in a 62.

I've place an order for the gray Campdraft from Hatsdirect based on seeing James' pictures above! Looks amazing!

:eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. 'H' said:
I've just spoken with Everything Australian and they are definitely out of the Bluegrass Campdraft in a 62.

I've place an order for the gray Campdraft from Hatsdirect based on seeing James' pictures above! Looks amazing!

:eusa_clap
I didn't know you were a pumpkinhead!:D

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Be proud! Just means we have more brain up there.:D If you were a 61 I could have sent you a dark brown one I never wear.:eusa_doh:

Yes, I know the one - thanks for that but I'm a 62. I got my Federation in a 61 years ago and had to stretch it out. But my 62 Campdraft fits puyfect!

daddydg

New in Town
Properly tying a wind trolley...

Earlier in this thread soemone mentioned the wind trrolley on their Campdraft was not properly tied.

How does one properly tie a wind trolley?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well...like I stated before, the Campdraft is not available in dark enough colors for me...and it figures that, right after I order a willow green Squatter and a carbon grey Fedora, I see a picture of the Campdraft in Mid-Brown. I believe you have to wait up to 90 days for this one though, and as I have no patience......well, I missed out.

Maybe the Squatter will give me an idea about the Campdraft's size, and I can decide on whether or not the 3 month wait is worth it. We'll see...the Mid-Brown Campdraft might just replace my Dark Brown Fed IV, in the future.

James71

A-List Customer
You know..........

.... I like this glen grey campdraft so much I think that if its a nice morning I will walk into Katoomba on saturday and get a silverbelly one. :D

For those that asked previously about how stiff they are. I found mine to be much softer than my CEO which after a lot of wear is still quite stiff, but not quite as soft as the Bogart.

tnitz

New in Town
Ribbon

I really liked the color of the Carbon Grey Fed III I had, but it never worked out and went into trash...I got frustrated.

So my next plan is to get a Glen Grey Camp Draft this fall but I want to put a wider ribbon on it (I know, blasphemy!). Has anyone ordered the ribbon from Hats Direct or can guide me to finding a matching wider ribbon? All Hats Direct said is they can sell me grey or black ribbon.

As an update, I've pulled out my Bluegrass Camp Draft every night and then repacked it. I am nervous as heck about working on this hat for some reason. I think it's because my silverbelly has changed shape so dramatically in short time and I really like this Bluegrass hat. It's to be my fishing hat - ironically, in my family, it was the old beat up hats that became fishing hats, not a brand new one. But it said fishing to me from day one. The grey I am planning to keep in good nick to wear with nicer clothes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran