Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

jimjr

New in Town
Gents, I want to order a CD but just can't decide which color. At EA the BGCD is in stock but the Taupe Fawn and Silver Belly may be more versatile colors. I'm leaning towards the Taupe Fawn but for the wait when the BGCD would be getting head time. I'm also assuming that whichever I get the others will join it someday. I'm torn and need therapy.

Duper

Practically Family
Gents, I want to order a CD but just can't decide which color. At EA the BGCD is in stock but the Taupe Fawn and Silver Belly may be more versatile colors. I'm leaning towards the Taupe Fawn but for the wait when the BGCD would be getting head time. I'm also assuming that whichever I get the others will join it someday. I'm torn and need therapy.

I have all the colours. ThE BGCD gets the most recognition and compliments. I do not expect you will regret owning BG. The exchange must be pretty good right now. Definitely a plus if you wanted to order both.

Orangegrad

Practically Family

I have both the BGCD and Taupe Fawn. Both are great. I wore my BGCD hiking in the woods this morning. The Taupe Fawn is quite versatile, as you suggest, but both get lots of head time.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I do not have a BG, but can assure you that the Taupe Fawn is very versatile. I've had one for a few years now, and have never regretted buying it.

TPD166

One Too Many
My two CDs are taupe fawn and BG - love them both. I am now considering a Heritage grade CD - I am leaning toward Moonstone since I have several other TARs in tan shades. Any thoughts on Moonstone vs. SB in this grade?

... Any thoughts on Moonstone vs. SB in this grade?

1 key thought = you can only get the Moonstone CD in Heritage, so that should help the decision process.
Minor thought = if I could only have 1 CD, it'd be the Moonstone.
I got plenty of other SB lids & few grey ones that come close to the Moonstone.
The Heritage SB is a nice shade & even different from the Imperial as well as other maker's SB.
HTH

TPD166

One Too Many
Great - thank you for the input!

1 key thought = you can only get the Moonstone CD in Heritage, so that should help the decision process.
Minor thought = if I could only have 1 CD, it'd be the Moonstone.
I got plenty of other SB lids & few grey ones that come close to the Moonstone.
The Heritage SB is a nice shade & even different from the Imperial as well as other maker's SB.
HTH

enrique

New in Town
After a little more than a month of learning about hats thanks to the folks in this forum, my Camp Draft Heritage in Moonstone arrived last week and I put the bash in it over the weekend. Actually rolling the felt into place was way more fun than I expected it to be and I am looking forward to picking up another hat to do it again. I know ya'll have all seen the CD in MS, but you haven't seen my rookie bash or it on my head. Thanks for leading me to this.

frussell

One Too Many
Three thumbs up, one for brim-up (still my favorite, but we don't see enough of), one for a fellow REAL beard wearer (no sculpted boy-band facial hair for me), and one for the old school crease. Great job. Makes me want to get one in Moonstone. It suits you well. Frank.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yeah man, really nice bash on that baby. Looks good. Some folks can pull off those brim ups, and you're one of them.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Finally getting around to posting a pic of my first and only (so far) CD. I finally got the crease the way I want it:
a8f95d38-d5fb-4a68-a5f6-df852bad2927.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy