Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

TPD166

One Too Many
Good job - looks great! I am getting ready order the same hat.

After a little more than a month of learning about hats thanks to the folks in this forum, my Camp Draft Heritage in Moonstone arrived last week and I put the bash in it over the weekend. Actually rolling the felt into place was way more fun than I expected it to be and I am looking forward to picking up another hat to do it again. I know ya'll have all seen the CD in MS, but you haven't seen my rookie bash or it on my head. Thanks for leading me to this.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Enrique, great looking cattleman crease on that Campdraft and like all the others said, it looks good on you. You wear it well! And Blackthorn, my friend your one and only Campdraft looks great on you too! I've got two, Imperial Taupe Fawn and the Heritage Silverbelly. I do like the Taupe Fawn, very versatile color. My crease is close to yours. I believe you'll be getting more! Wear it well!

Terrific hat Blackthorn! I really have to stop reading this thread; I haven't even received my first Campdraft yet, I was already thinking of ordering another one in Bluegrass Green, and now the Taupe Fawn is growing on me! I really don't need three hats, but...well, I'm sure you good folks can appreciate my dilemma. :D

By the way, speaking of my first Campdraft, tomorrow will be 13 weeks since I ordered it, and the following day will be exactly three calendar months. Now that I've endured the dreaded three-month wait, would it be poor form to contact Everything Australian to see if they have a more precise shipping/delivery date, or should I continue to wait it out?

DesertDan

One Too Many
I know, Duper! Thanks for the kind words. Hey...anybody up for a repeat of the BG CD, but this time in black? I know, I know, I'm one of the few who like black hats.

I would! I wore a black fodera for years but finally retired it (it is a woolie). I have a Knox that is dark charcoal grey but I have been wanting another black fedora. My BGCD has become my go-to hat, I really love it and have been thinking of getting another anyway, getting a black one would be the bees knees.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Blackthorn, I like the Heritage grade better than the Imperial. The Heritage felt is finished better, its smoother, and its thicker. They're both great hats and feel good on my oversize noggin, but the Heritage feels better and looks better due to its finish and thickness. The quality difference is noticeable. My next CD will also be a Heritage in Moonstone. I like those wide brims and tall crowns on the CD, can't be beat for a reasonably priced hat. I'd recommend the Heritage.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, I like the Heritage grade better than the Imperial. The Heritage felt is finished better, its smoother, and its thicker. They're both great hats and feel good on my oversize noggin, but the Heritage feels better and looks better due to its finish and thickness. The quality difference is noticeable. My next CD will also be a Heritage in Moonstone. I like those wide brims and tall crowns on the CD, can't be beat for a reasonably priced hat. I'd recommend the Heritage.
Thanks, Preacher!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy