Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra FD4 Deluxe

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
What color did you get?

Yes tracking is a nightmare, but not the fault of Hatsdirect.com, customs is the hold up and for lack of updates. I have ordered a couple of hats from them and Trudi and the gang over there are awesome to deal with. I love my Fed IV in carbon grey. Might have to get one in Moonstone.
Moonstone is a great colour. My Moonstone Fed IV is one of my favourite hats. I'm looking forward to receiving my Moonstone campdraft today or tomorrow.

Did I mention I really like moonstone??

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Moonstone is a great colour. My Moonstone Fed IV is one of my favourite hats. I'm looking forward to receiving my Moonstone campdraft today or tomorrow.

Did I mention I really like moonstone??
That I'd like to see. Can that only be ordered in Heritage/Deluxe grade?

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
That I'd like to see. Can that only be ordered in Heritage/Deluxe grade?
There seems to be a lot of debate here about Imperial v Heritage, especially the 'value' of the increased cost of Deluxe.

Almost all of my hats are Akubra's. Many of them are Imperial (standard) felt but I like Heritage more. They don't look very different to me but the quality of the leather sweatband in the Heritage hats are MUCH nicer. For me it's worth paying a bit extra for the quality bump when it's available.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
There seems to be a lot of debate here about Imperial v Heritage, especially the 'value' of the increased cost of Deluxe.

Almost all of my hats are Akubra's. Many of them are Imperial (standard) felt but I like Heritage more. They don't look very different to me but the quality of the leather sweatband in the Heritage hats are MUCH nicer. For me it's worth paying a bit extra for the quality bump when it's available.
Thx. No doubt abt the sweatband.

JohnSarge

New in Town
1b2c5c2636e2540081b97ae620d7ff89.jpg

Here is my fed. The only pic I took last night. If I would have thought about it I would have took a pic of the top. It's a shallow center crease. I have a tall noggin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
1b2c5c2636e2540081b97ae620d7ff89.jpg

Here is my fed. The only pic I took last night. If I would have thought about it I would have took a pic of the top. It's a shallow center crease. I have a tall noggin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, we definitely need to see a pic from above. But that looks really good on you. Congrats on the new lid.

I have the same problem, which is why my hats have Teardrop or C-Crown creases. I'd like to wear a Center Dent, but my head just pushes it out from the inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24