Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Fedora

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I'm talking about the Fedora not the Federation. I know some of you guys have one. How's it look? How's it compare to, say, the Federation? How tall is the crown? Pictures are always nice.

Naltak

New in Town
I have the Akubra Fedora and I love it. The crown is 5 inches. The felt is very soft. It comes open crowned but is very easy to crease without any steam or anything. I'm not sure how to post a picture or even if I can since I don't have any hosted on any site. I'd be glad to email you a picture or two.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Pictures

Naltak,
If you want, get a free yahoo account. They have a photo host page. Once the pics are on, just cut and paste the address. I'd like to see more photos, too.
NB

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
It's a nice hat! The crown is slightly tapered and the brim was a nice width for my face. The felt was really soft and smooth, but tapered within a year. It's certainly a modern dress hat, not a beater like the federation.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Hi, and thanks for your posts.

It's a nice hat! The crown is slightly tapered and the brim was a nice width for my face. The felt was really soft and smooth, but tapered within a year. It's certainly a modern dress hat, not a beater like the federation.

Ray,

The taper conerns me slightly. How is the Fedora for rain? Have you got any pics at all - I know you've posted pics all over here - ant of them in the Fedora? Cheers, and thanks.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
394506938MwFwxr_ph.jpg

This is a picture of it when it was in its prime, I think, in July 2005. I had had it for about 9 months. I bashed it using the cold water method.

ray

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Looks good

Thanks for posting the pictures. It makes a difference seeing the hat on someone's head rather than just by itself. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24