Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Hayman Review? (vs Capricorn?)

NivlemRulz

New in Town
Hey everyone, I'm considering getting a summer hat this year. I had my mind set on the capricorn, and I found lots of good info on the hat in here, then I realized the 60mm brim was a little bigger than I wanted :-( So I came across the hayman. Can anyone give me a review or some info on the hayman. Comparing it to the capricorn would be great too! Thanks in advance.

Gromulus

Practically Family
I own two Capricorn hats and the Rink (same hat) in cream and agree that this is the absolute shortest brim width I would want in a summer hat that I expect to keep some of the sun out of my eyes and off my face. That being said, I understand from Hayman owners that this is essentially a stingy brim version of the Capricorn.

NivlemRulz

New in Town
I have a black Stetson that i wear often as a dress hat that is about a 51-52mm brim that I don't consider stingy. My wife says this hat is the perfect size for my head. I agree about the bigger brim being better for sun protection as I wear a federation IV as my everyday hat and my wife hates it. Sometimes it's easier to get a new hat with her approval. But this is a hard decision lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points