Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra slouch hat

Mark_O

New in Town
Found some burlap ribbon at my local walmart. Think it looks nice. Might try dyeing some a khaki and trying it.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 39

GLewis

New in Town
I got my
I looked earlier today and the slouch hat that David Morgan sells is made of the superfine felt.

The only other superfine that I’ve seen offered is a custom order from Everything Australian for a superfine Squatter. They say it’s a six month wait, though.
If you want the Squatter, you can try Strand Hatters. I got mine from there.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I got my

If you want the Squatter, you can try Strand Hatters. I got mine from there.
Yes but from what I can tell the one offered by Strand is Imperial Quality and not Superfine.

How do you like yours, btw? I have been thinking of ordering one from Strand but they will probably be sold out by the time I get around to it.

GLewis

New in Town
I really like mine. It’s charcoal gray. I shaped it into a fedora, and I’ve gotten many compliments on it! It does say Superfine Quality, but I don’t know I don’t know if it refers to the type of felt.
Yes but from what I can tell the one offered by Strand is Imperial Quality and not Superfine.

How do you like yours, btw? I have been thinking of ordering one from Strand but they will probably be sold out by the time I get around to it.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I really like mine. It’s charcoal gray. I shaped it into a fedora, and I’ve gotten many compliments on it! It does say Superfine Quality, but I don’t know I don’t know if it refers to the type of felt.
I have to eat my words: I’m not sure why I was under the impression that the Strand offering is Imperial quality. The website listing does not specify, although there is this YouTube video review and it is clear to see that the Squatter reviewed is Imperial Quality.

But it’s good to know that yours is Superfine (if it says it is, then it certainly is). A few questions:

Does yours have a liner?

When did you buy it?

Thinking Strand might currently be offering Superfine quality makes me want one even more - but their shipping is so expensive! (it’s something like 50 USD!!).

GLewis

New in Town
I have to eat my words: I’m not sure why I was under the impression that the Strand offering is Imperial quality. The website listing does not specify, although there is this YouTube video review and it is clear to see that the Squatter reviewed is Imperial Quality.

But it’s good to know that yours is Superfine (if it says it is, then it certainly is). A few questions:

Does yours have a liner?

When did you buy it?

Thinking Strand might currently be offering Superfine quality makes me want one even more - but their shipping is so expensive! (it’s something like 50 USD!!).
Sorry I didn’t notice this sooner! My hat didn’t have a liner, and my wonderful daughter bought it for me last Christmas! I did, however, tell her where to get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner