Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the love. Just wanted to show what the company did for me. I appreciate the kind words. I felt it best to just leave it here in their house thread. I've a B2 woolie that will adorn my head soon, Particularly as the days get shorter. Be ready to man the waist gun on that B-17 then. I think it fits well... I got measured by the nice little old Italian lady that does all my patches and repairs, despite the language barrier we managed to get me measured. Wore it to work yesterday... glad I did too. Again... thanks...

Worf

PS It fits well, I can drive, walk and do all manner of things without feeling I'm gonna bust out of it. I too think they nailed the fit.

The red skin goes well with the Autumn foliage! Congratulations on a well made custom jacket. What make are the zips?

John

Edward

Bartender
Interesting - do you think that's specific to North America? I've had the Biggles comments over here on occasions when I've stepped out in the Irvin or B3 said:
Even in your leopardskin pillbox hat ?

OK OK --won't do this anymore.

Juust this weird little guy with a funny voice who wanted to jump on it to see if it was "the expensive kind".

cafeblitz

New in Town

IMG_1161_zpsa5a76b40.jpg

Worf

As always Worf, you're looking sharp - an inspiration even. And, count me with the lads that like your watch cap. Your pics have really brought AL to the forefront as a contender for my next jacket.

Also, I can't recall the poster now, but thanks for linking to the AL sales page - there's some mighty fine stuff in there. Does anyone here have a Detroit and, if so, how do you like it? Also, are the hand-warmer pockets on the Detroit zipped or not?

**Disregard the Detroit questions, I think I just fell in love with the Drifter...

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I don't know guys but I'll say this... IF I were a few sizes smaller I'd be gobbling up some of that sale priced swag. There's a few nice jackets there. Thanks for the love CB.

Worf

Metatron

One Too Many
Actually Edward, I think it's more specific to our house and my girlfriend who also lives there ...!

But that being said, I used to get all the usual comments too if I wore my Irvin to the pub ("Did you manage to park your Spitfire around the back, mate? Hur Hur..." So original) and so I'm just mindful of inviting any more of that tosh out here ... But no, it's not as bad out here in my experience. Anything goes in this crazy city. Last Winter, I was on the subway and a bloke walked proudly past me in a black and white suit made of cotton flannel PYJAMA MATERIAL and holding a brief case ... (?!?!) so who's anyone to judge me, really?!

Be grateful that the comment was vaguely relevant! I've met young people in the UK who don't know what a Spitfire is.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I don't know guys but I'll say this... IF I were a few sizes smaller I'd be gobbling up some of that sale priced swag. There's a few nice jackets there. Thanks for the love CB.

Worf

Yes me too. In my case there are some very nice jackets just a size too small..

They seem to have slimmed down their sizes too if the chest measurements on the page are right. Size 42 are 22" pit to pit as standard with some 21"? Very military fit there. My 44 AL four pocket roadster measures 24.5" which is the same as my size 42 Aero HWM. While AL's size 44 Roadsters now mostly measure 23" chest according to this.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's right Capes. I would love one of their cafe racers at that price, I'm a 48" chest, He measurements seem quite trim,and the couple of larger sizes they have don't really appeal to me, I need more brown tones, too many black mc jackets already..

alsendk

A-List Customer
Congrats with your new jacket Worf...great colour.
Have you had the opportunity to test how warm this jacket is - compared to your Irvin jacket yet ?

Stand By

One Too Many
Be grateful that the comment was vaguely relevant! I've met young people in the UK who don't know what a Spitfire is.

You too, eh? Terrible.
I was at the air show at RAF Duxford when my teenage nephew told me that he didn't know why the RAF fought the Luftwaffe .... he didn't even know about the Final Solution.
As I always say, there'll very soon come a day when young people simply won't believe it when you tell them that, until relatively recently, there used to be a big wall built down the middle of Berlin - the heart of Europe and the EU - to keep people IN on the other side, and if they tried to get out, they'd be shot by soldiers in broad daylight. In Berlin. They'll think you're making it up.
And it's partly why, I believe, that with our collective interest in these jackets, we all hold back this tide of ignorance in a small way by remembering and honouring those who were there and the dark days therein.

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many

Worf

There was a couple I quite fancied, but they all seem to have 26" sleeves and some even 27"! If you've got gorilla arms, you're in, but for me 25" is as long as I'm comfortable with. Real shame, at those prices they are a steal!

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
There was a couple I quite fancied, but they all seem to have 26" sleeves and some even 27"! If you've got gorilla arms, you're in, but for me 25" is as long as I'm comfortable with. Real shame, at those prices they are a steal!

I agree with this. And the thing is, with these leathers they're using that not many here on the boards have experience with, it makes it hard to make a judgement on possible loss of sleeve length through creasing as time goes by. My fave jacket started out with 25.5 inch sleeves but the half an inch it's lost to creasing has made all the difference. There's a couple on there I quite like but who knows how they'll break in?

cafeblitz

New in Town

I guess it depends on what the jacket will be used for. I have ~26" sleeves on one of my jackets and though they are long for just walking around, they're perfect on the bike. And, I'm a short guy. On a regular wear jacket, I agree, I would definitely prefer significantly shorter sleeves.

I agree with this. And the thing is, with these leathers they're using that not many here on the boards have experience with, it makes it hard to make a judgement on possible loss of sleeve length through creasing as time goes by. My fave jacket started out with 25.5 inch sleeves but the half an inch it's lost to creasing has made all the difference. There's a couple on there I quite like but who knows how they'll break in?

Well, the Horween Chromexcel leather is definitely a known entity, but, like you, I wonder how the other leathers will break in. That sleeve creasing you're talking about is the only thing that makes my MC jacket sleeves manageable off the bike.

Edward

Bartender

Shocking. Always saddens me how much better known the Midget remains, when actually, in my mind, the Spitfire was by far the superior car.

;)

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I don't think any of those test jackets and so on were CXL though, right? Out of interest, does steerhide crease up and lose sleeve length like FQHH?

sewer election

New in Town
I grabbed a Montana jacket brown smooth steer off their sale page during the summer, but have only started wearing it. I had three inches added to the sleeves. As many other folks have expressed, Amanda was indeed excellent to deal with.
Here are some smudges -

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I grabbed a Montana jacket brown smooth steer off their sale page during the summer, but have only started wearing it. I had three inches added to the sleeves. As many other folks have expressed, Amanda was indeed excellent to deal with.
Here are some smudges -

Looks absolutely spectacular! But more photos and some close-ups of the leather please ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails