Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ali Express Leather jacket on the way!

blatman23

New in Town
Well after getting inspiration from the China thread, I found this cowhide on Ali Express
One piece back, vintage design (although I don't care for the pocket cross seams) and YKK zippers... Interesting if it turns out OK!
Going by the size chart I am 4XL, and will perhaps have to alter it at the waist.

Not too bad for 120$ but we'll see when it gets here, it just shipped!
It appears from the pictures that they use some crap oil finish on the leather that over-softens it, I wonder if I can maybe put it in a bathtub and dry it from all that crap and just recondition it properly.

Anyone experienced with the Ali Express jackets? This one is from Crush Retro store.

Attachments

• 2024-02-23 18_39_03-.png
    2024-02-23 18_39_03-.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 2024-02-23 18_39_18-.png
    2024-02-23 18_39_18-.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 115

blatman23

New in Town
OK, it ended up great on the shoulders and chest but the tummy is too large (it's got a nice 24" pit at 4XL but a 23" waist which is too roomy for me), just like Aero's and Schotts.
I don't want to burn another 150$ trimming it at my guy because I just had a Schott done this month.

The leather is actually a pullup leather. waxed cowhide with a lot of effects. Quite thick! Very nice quality I must say.

I gave it to my brother and he uses it every day... I will try to sneak a picture of him.

If you are anything but an ex-professional athlete with a 44" chest and a 36" waist, this jacket is an absolute steal for what it costs.

Their measurements are indeed true, so just go by that, but be prepared it's not for triangle guys with sixpacks and 21" shoulders.

You will never find a one-piece back leather jacket for less than 1000$ in the west anywhere.... So it's pretty neat they made that for that price.

HOWEVER, there's no comparison to my Schott 689, which is just a better jacket in every aspect.... The only con is that it is so distinct that it often scares people/takes too much attention from you as a person. Horsehide jackets, horween jackets... They are a real weapon. It can be cool but can also be annnoying when you want to lay low. I am glad I also have more conventional "italian leather" jackets to go with that Schott beast.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner