Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All vintage, all the time?

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Go for it

Fortworthgal,

You go for it. You have a classic 40's look about you (love your avatar). Don't forget Buster Brown bobbie socks (sold at Vermont Country Store) and tie-up oxfords. Not all 40's style was glamour girl. For really casual days (office clean up/clearing out), saddle shoes or penny loafers, straight leg jeans rolled at the hem a couple of inches, and a nice flannel shirt or a Pendleton 49'er. Make sure and pull your hair back or wear a snood. My mom graduated from high school in '46. She wore something like this to school on fun days. I think you would look great.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Grnidwitch said:
Fortworthgal,

You go for it. You have a classic 40's look about you (love your avatar). Don't forget Buster Brown bobbie socks (sold at Vermont Country Store) and tie-up oxfords. Not all 40's style was glamour girl. For really casual days (office clean up/clearing out), saddle shoes or penny loafers, straight leg jeans rolled at the hem a couple of inches, and a nice flannel shirt or a Pendleton 49'er. Make sure and pull your hair back or wear a snood. My mom graduated from high school in '46. She wore something like this to school on fun days. I think you would look great.

I love the sound of this look for casual days! I have about a dozen or more vintage Pendleton and Woolrich wool flannel shirts in my closet right now, I've always worn them camping. I also have a couple pair of Levi jeans that are straight leg and have a big cuff on the bottom that I've never worn because I couldn't figure out what to put with them. Thanks for the idea!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
< crickets >

:rolleyes:

fwg, here's a thought: does your church have any archives, old pix, yearbooks, anything like that? Maybe you can learn what was appropriate dress for a nice Presby. church lady once upon a time, and use that as a model...

birdiepie

New in Town
Fletch said:
An all-vintage lifestyle for a man, then, might pre-suppose a more hardcore ......

I never knew anybody like this. Did any of you? Did they fit my model?

Actually, I do know a few fellows like this & your model fits everyone of them to a tee, right down to being svelte enough to fit into deadstock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner