Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds! OK, I get it now...

Bill Greene

One of the Regulars
Nobody will believe this, and that's ok, but I scored a pair of Allen Edmonds, Leeds today in my size, in the much more expensive burgundy color. Retail price is $525. I paid...$36 dollars, and tax.

No wonder people gush about these shoes. I've never seen their equal, and I've had some fairly decent shoes. These are by far the best built shoes I've ever put on my feet. Amazing.

Bill

SteveAS

Practically Family
Nobody will believe this, and that's ok, but I scored a pair of Allen Edmonds, Leeds today in my size, in the much more expensive burgundy color. Retail price is $525. I paid...$36 dollars, and tax.

Those sound like shell cordovan leather. If so, you got an amazing deal. They're indeed great shoes. I have a pair of black and a pair of oxblood Leeds, both in shell cordovan and I've worn one or the other most work days for the last 10 years. They've both been "recrafted" twice (I walk a lot of miles), but they both look almost like new. These are very sturdy shoes that are well worth their full retail cost.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
No wonder people gush about these shoes. I've never seen their equal
Actually, AE are at the entry level of quality footwear. Be happy that you're unfamiliar with the stuff that comes out of Northampton and other such places.;)

Nice score.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Aren't some like the Edward Greene (I think that's what they're called), and Vass, and Church's go for over $1000?

Yeah, if you're cheap enough to buy off the rack. Here's the big-timer thread.
(I'm so cheap, that the rack is four steps up.)
IMG_0002.jpg

Ginandtonic

New in Town
Congratulations on your Leeds. I picked up a pair of Cordovan Leeds for free (Donation) and have seen many AE shoes in thrift stores (never my size though, last time there were 2 pairs sized 7A, someone with tiny feet I gues), for $10 for well loved pairs. My leed's were in great shape and slightly worn but I sent them in for a recrafting to get new soles and that new hot cork on the inside, and they look and feel new. The recrafting only took 1 week and is completely worth it. I don't own any suits, so I don't really have a reason to own such nice shoes, but I wear them on special occasions, and they are the most comfortable shoes I own, more comfortable then my beat up tennis shoes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner