Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds shoes

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
If you're referring to quality.........

See if she likes any of these. :p

Seriously, women's shoes aren't made to the standards of better men's shoes, at least at anywhere near the same price-point. BTW, AE did offer a women's line around twenty years ago, though production was subbed out to another company and it only lasted a few seasons.

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
See if she likes any of these. :p

Seriously, women's shoes aren't made to the standards of better men's shoes, at least at anywhere near the same price-point. BTW, AE did offer a women's line around twenty years ago, though production was subbed out to another company and it only lasted a few seasons.

I hope she doesn't, because I can't afford any of them! :eusa_doh:

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Sounds great. I'd love to own a pair of A-E shoes myself, but I don't know what size I'd take and can't seem to find anywhere in Japan that sells them. Perhaps if I find a seller on eBay with a liberal returns policy? [huh]

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars

Alexi

One of the Regulars
I laughed when I thought of Japanese tex-mex, but then I remembered the "mexican" restaurant I ate in Cambodia...

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Alexi said:
I laughed when I thought of Japanese tex-mex, but then I remembered the "mexican" restaurant I ate in Cambodia...
As Japanese "ethnic" restaurants go, it's actually quite faithful.

Now, the tricky part is probably going to be whether I can manage to get this shoe store to ship in some shoes that might fit me just so I can try them on, without me first promising to buy them. My feet are not an easy-to-find size in Japan, and the store's prices are marked up about 90%....

Lou

One of the Regulars
I remember seeing some Allen Edmonds in an upscale department store in Tokyo. I don't remember the price, but undoubtedly they were marked up. I also remember the extremely offensive music, Lil Kim I think, they had playing (they obviously didn't understand the lyrics).

Boushi, your best bet might be to hold off on the AE's until your next trip to the US.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Lou said:
I remember seeing some Allen Edmonds in an upscale department store in Tokyo. I don't remember the price, but undoubtedly they were marked up. I also remember the extremely offensive music, Lil Kim I think, they had playing (they obviously didn't understand the lyrics).

Boushi, your best bet might be to hold off on the AE's until your next trip to the US.
Well, my plan was technically to get sized, then to buy an old pair off eBay or somewhere for less than (US) retail, and get them recrafted if need be. But obviously, I wouldn't tell the salesperson that... ;)

I could use a pair of loafers to wear at work, too (have to change shoes at the door, and my current cheapo slip-ons are wearing out fast), but I run into the same problems: Japanese makers tend not to carry my size, and the places around America-mura that carry Bass shoes are marked up to about $300 (for the ones that aren't made in the USA, mind you). If I can just manage to find a pair in my size to try on, I could get a decent deal elsewhere, but... see above. :(

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
boushi_mania said:
Well, my plan was technically to get sized, then to buy an old pair off eBay or somewhere
The AE that you will find in Japan are made especially for the Japanese market as far as sizing is concerned. You might want to contact an American retailer like Shoemart, which carries a myriad of brands, to discuss how your current shoes (brands/sizes) compare with AE sizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner