Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Landman

One Too Many
Hat Process

Tim is making me a new hat and has been sending me pictures of the process along the way. I thought everybody might enjoy seeing these pictures and all the work that goes into making a new hat. The hat is a dressweight silverbelly with a 5 3/4" crown and a 2 3/4" brim. We haven't decided on a ribbon yet but once we do I will post some more pictures. As you can see from the pictures, Tim puts a lot of time and effort into one of his hats.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Landman, you've got a winner in the process sir! I like the looks of the silverbelly felt with that color ribbon. It's a great combo. You're right, Tim does put a lot of time, effort, and talent into his hats. They're great hats, I've got 2 of them, and he's great to deal with during the entire process. Enjoy it!

Mr.Astor

Banned
Hi Pete- new to the lounge. Frequent visitor sorting my way through this,I'm in the neighborhood would like to bring up some of my hat's for you to evaluate. Don't know whether I have posted enough yet but you can try me,or I'll try you. You do beautiful work,I have hats in buffalo now but would like to visit a little closer to home. Thanks in advance

aught12

One of the Regulars
Cane Whiskey

I wanted to share some of the awesome stitching on the sweat:

20131126_181419.jpg

20131126_181404.jpg

20131126_185319.jpg

20131126_185905.jpg

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Whlcome to the lounge mr Astor, I'm in Chicago, your handle says you're in Jersey. But if you ever makeit to Chicago I'd love to see your hats!

unUOTE=Mr.Astor;1720575]Hi Pete- new to the lounge. Frequent visitor sorting my way through this,I'm in the neighborhood would like to bring up some of my hat's for you to evaluate. Don't know whether I have posted enough yet but you can try me,or I'll try you. You do beautiful work,I have hats in buffalo now but would like to visit a little closer to home. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Landman

One Too Many
Hat Process (cont.)

Here are some more pictures of my silverbelly being made. In these pictures Tim was showing me the center dent crease with a possible ribbon combination. It is a very cool vintage ribbon with a whiskey colored highlight in the bow keeper. I ended up going with a version of the first ribbon I posted. Once Tim sends me some more pictures of the hat with that ribbon I will post them. Tim also wanted me to let everyone know that the ribbon in these pictures is available if anyone would like to use it on a new hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany