Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Gabe Long

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Bob, for that compilation, and after seeing Zombie's hat and Gabe's I realize the time has come for a whiskey (not the first time I've made that decision). What a beautiful color, and the styles are just knock-outs.
I'm interested to see how it comes along! CRM makes a killer had.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
So I was thinking about getting a steamer so I contacted the Canester to see if he knew of any deals. He suggested modifying a teapot. Do here's what I did, 2 parts from home Depot, $6, works like a charm. Calling it a Coal City Steamer, in honor of Cane.
0b34a61f92acab14e6b0a72973024301.jpg
da6eea2c35a0bc09812fc658eb7c5150.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RJR

So I was thinking about getting a steamer so I contacted the Canester to see if he knew of any deals. He suggested modifying a teapot. Do here's what I did, 2 parts from home Depot, $6, works like a charm. Calling it a Coal City Steamer, in honor of Cane.
0b34a61f92acab14e6b0a72973024301.jpg
da6eea2c35a0bc09812fc658eb7c5150.jpg

Great idea!

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Correction I use hose clamps to attach the piece to the teapot

Good job. These are just a rubber stopper with a brass tube & used to be sold along with a brush & sponge...
Tom that is a nice idea too. Looks like it can still be used for tea too. Better than what I did. I think it's safe to say many of us have the same thought process on how to get the job done. Good to see you Tom! Hope all is well !!

I found a few vintage hats . One pristine playboy size 7 and a 7 and 1/8 stratoliner.

When I have some time I'll post a classified. But meanwhile. ...if something about this message sounds of interest to you send me a email at rodmaker@ptd.net.

I just might get pictures emailed before I get to posting.

2 absolute beautiful hats. The Playboy is very close to dead stock new. Guessing early 50s. With box.

The stratoliner had some sort of copper shim at the joint where the reed and ferrule come together. The leather got ruined in that small spot and you can see the reed; the ferrule is gone. I would not see a need to mess with this.
The hat cleaned up beautifully and I put a twa pin on the bow...it's a original strat pin
That hat has come with I think is a late 40s to early 50s box of a early Philadelphia city.

If interested drop me a line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner